Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AND THAT MAKES....

spoonyd

Why shouldn't we? I mean, really, people around here get pissed if you don't like tha same DJs. Why shouldn't we be excited about this little accomplishment.

Besides, it shows that we *actually* get *something* done at work... cwm6.gif

JDogg

------------------

I stopped at a Sbarro and asked for an espresso.

The bright light working there said "Sorry we only

have Cheese and Pepperoni."

Originally posted by xxbabygirlxx:

EVERYONE GETS SO EXCITED WHEN THEY GET ANOTHER STAR...I THINK THAT'S HYSTERICAL cwm2.gif

It's just like grammar school! Whoever had the most stars was the shit!!! It was a battle for the stars and it continues today!

cwm32.gif

[This message has been edited by antvill (edited 09-25-2000).]

B2B!

What can I can. I was stunned.

Aquaviva was a super starter. He kept it quiet, and tech-funky. He really eased people into the night. I was enjoying his styles, but you could tell he knew his place in the lineup.

Richie's appearance at the decks was met with hoots and hollars. And he started off pretty tame. A little 1/2 hour warmup before he dropped the shit. from 2:30 and for about 45 minutes it was a 909 tech-trance onslaught. Now, I define it as tech-trance because he was dropping a lot of repeating echoing accents and basslines in with the 909 that gave everything a real spaced out feel to it. It's a sound I really dig (which is why I enjoyed Mills so much - very similar through that part of the night). I was in a freekin zone.

Then he left everyone at the station.

A little after the 3, the efx dropped out all together and the music got fierce and unrelenting. Hard hard techno, all snares and hats, no music, just death on a drum machine. I was flowed with it for the first 15 mins, then he lost me. I think he was slowly losing much of the crowd before he backed off and added a bassline again.

At around 4 or so things kinda levelled out. He was having trouble with one of the turntables and flew solo on the 909 while the techs took care of that. With the problem fixed, he started the havoc again, this time dismantling anthems left and right. He hypnotized the entire crowd with a drawn out and re-engineered on the fly version of How's Your Evening so Far. Take a song with an already killer bass drop, and multiply by 3 - ouch! (he actually drew the drop in the middle of the track out for 3 minutes - unreal) He peaked for an entire 45 minutes, splitting songs in two with long efx loops, pulling rewinds drops back into the same track. FUcK it was too much for the head.

He spun the night out with real airy pieces, with a trancey feel but no overbearing emotional quality. More like filler sounds that he would keep spilling the most unexpected snare loops into which would progress out than back into nothing.

What can I say? Hands down the best techno I've ever heard at Twilo.

That was one for the record books.

phew

d

------------------

It's difficult these days, to get good grass -wubble u

spoonyd.iwarp.com