Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone from nyc been to nation in DC?

Guest cosmicgirl

Guest cosmicgirl

i was just wondering if anyone from the NY area has been to club NATION in washington DC--i am going this weekend, and just wondering what other people thought of it-wht to expect,etc.-thanks!

------------------

What goes on?!?!

it's a big warehouse club, on Fridays it's Buzz: front room drum&bass, main room headline acts. it's 19 & over, usually $15 - 20 to get in, dresscode raverkid, security REALLY tight. on Saturday's it's Velvet Nation, which is the big gay event here in DC.

check out the website at www.buzzdc.com or have a look at some of the threads in the Washington DC board to give you some more ideas about Nation and other places to go in DC.

I live in the DC area and go to NYC often. Are you going to Nation on Friday or Sat? Its very similar to Twilo the way they've set up their nights. On Fridays is Buzz (party promoted by Scott Henry) - they get top notch international talent every week (some names are PvD, Timo Maas, Oakey, Bad Boy Bill, Dave Ralph, Luke Slater, etc). They have two rooms, the main room is usually progressive house/trance and the other room DnB & jungle. If you have goodies be very careful cuz the door-check is very intense.

The venue is pretty big, and very industrial looking. The crowd is pretty young esp. in the front room.

All in all a great vibe though. WHich weekend are you going - I could probably tell you who's spinning or you could check out the site: www.buzzdc.com

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Guest cosmicgirl

i think im going friday, but one of my gay friends is taking me, so maybe he wants to go saturday??? i donno--whos spinning friday?

------------------

What goes on?!?!

Never heard of Halo and Hippe, but Scott henry tears it up. I'll get the e-mail with the set times later this week - I'll post that once I get it. Try Nation on Friday and 5 on Sat.

-------------------------------------------

FRIDAY, JANUARY 5, 2001: HALO & HIPPE

Regular Admission: $11 before 11 p.m./$15 after 11 p.m.

Halo & Hippe are two of America's finest underground house representatives. After touring the country for years as DJ's, the two have

recently grabbed the limelight with their production capabilities. San Diego based Siesta Records backed the first release by H-Foundation,

the production moniker for Halo and Hipp-E. Their EP entitled 420 Sessions brought acclaim to a fresh production team and a promising

label. Moody Recordings, a Chicago house label notorious for backing home-town talent, will extend their reach westward and incorporate

Halo's work with Hipp-E by releasing both an EP and a mixed CD by H-Foundation.

A recent tour of Europe including dates at London's Fabric, The Arches in Glasgow, Pacha in Portugal, raves in Amsterdam and Turkey

and a few hedonistic nights in Ibiza have garnered them new respect among the hard-to-please Euro posse. Halo & Hipp-E's newest

project is a double mixed cd for UK label powerhouse, NRK and production on an album for seminal house label Soma, from Glasgow,

has already began.

HALO & HIPP-E (Moody/Siesta/Soma/Hooj Choons, San Diego)

SCOTT HENRY (Buzz/Fever/Ultra Records, DC)

<Scott's new mixed CD "Buzz: The Sound of the Nation's Capital" is out now on Ultra Records>

Fresh off the heels of his smokin' new record, "Love Is Not a Game" featuring Cathy Brown, J. Majik delivers his first set at Buzz this year.

If you guys haven't heard this record, then put it on your list of New Year's Resolutions -- right at the top. This tune has "ANTHEM"

written all over it, with the soulful garage-style vocals of a diva who's been done wrong, singing over J. Majik's signature drum 'n' bass

groove.

J. MAJIK (Infra-Red/Metalheadz, UK)

ADAMATIC (Beat Crew/M-groove/MixMasters Records, B-more/DC)

ROGERS (Catalyst_DC/ActYourAge, DC/B-more)

FREEFALL (Catalyst_DC/ActYourAge, DC/B-more)

JADE (Catalyst_DC/ActYourAge, DC/B-more)

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Great place. Scene is a bit young and the interior is a bit 'unfinished', but that adds to the charm. casual dress, unlike the nyc club scene.

As dirtyslapper said, security is tight. They'll jock your boxers and snap your bra to see if any pillios fall out. Last time I was there, they threw out my chapstick!

They get some good talent and it's a chill scene. you should enjoy

------------------

DM