Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Awards Comments

Felt like saying this wink.gif

I don't much like the idea of the awards. I actually enjoy the fact that alot of us have met, hung out and take each other "as we are" or "as we are perceived"

Something like this has the ablity to change that. I will read it, as we are all curious, however, I dont like the overall idea. Its almost a popularity contest of sorts and I left that back in , uhm, high school hehe.

I could name my opinions for each topic but I wont, everyone is so individualistic and so unique, id rather not peg them. "Stereotypes" exists but most of the people I know or talk to regularly have a beautiful side of them, whatever their qualities might be.

Its unfortunate to do it, since it seems people werent up for the idea in any way shape or form but, it is a free msg board and people may post what they like.

Participate or dont participate, enjoy or dont enjoy, Im just mentioning my opinion wink.gif

Hell I could be funniest or i could be the dullest but in the end, I hope noone gets hurt with this. (and some people have big enough heads as it is lol)

cwm4.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

i think that i agree . . .

this is nothing more than a popularity contest, and i'm sure that there are plenty of people that are wonderful in various ways that will not even be noticed because they aren't friends with the people voting, etc.

rachel - i'm assuming you saw this on the deeper board . . . that is a very tight-knit group of people where no one would get hurt if they weren't nominated for something, or they could laugh if off if they won a less than desirable catagory . . .

it would be one thing if EVERY single member of this board would vote - even the people that just read, and don't post . . . i don't know, this seems like something my friends and i did when we were younger and it hurt a lot of people's feelings . . .

i dunno, i mean i'll still read . . . but this could cause some d r a m a . . .

sorry to be a p.i.t.a. just wanted to let you know!

smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

don't worry Myrlin, I gotcha back on the topic.

Yes, nix the drama. It's all good. Keep it real, bro.

Shit, if we do that then we might as well have "Board Polls" . . . . . uhm, who would be the photographer for that anyway?

Hee hee hee cwm27.gifcwm2.gif

------------------

"Same shyt different day"

"Uhm. . . Whaddaya mean you're to tired to go tonight?. . . asthanos.gif

Grepanelli for SexOnThaWkEnds Entatainment Inc.

AIM - Gre1P

001211acura.jpg

Just to play devil's advocate..

Or it could just be a bit of fun and a growing axperiance for those people who are vain enought to think they should be nominated.

If there is going to be drama i will come after the results, when the usual suspects start slagging the people who got picked.

I say lets do it, it should be a good laugh is nothing else.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

I hear what you guys are saying..

Brandie, you're right about Deeper, I said the same thing to Rachel. They all know each other really well and it's a relatively small group compared to clubnyc. So it won't be that easy and simple here..

As for it being a popularity contest.. I dunno, I think it's all in good fun, not in order to make ppl feel more popular or anything. I know when I was submitting my replies, I was smiling coz some ppl were perfect for a category smile.gif Unless ppl take it too seriously, I don't see any harm in doing it..

Originally posted by sirdante:

we kind of went thru this once before. it was a more off-the-cuff posting about electing a "president" for our board.

i will bump it to the top. also, heres a link:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/Forum26/HTML/004404.html

oops... couldnt bump it as its in the archives. you will have to follow the link.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Just to play devil's advocate..

Or it could just be a bit of fun and a growing axperiance for those people who are vain enought to think they should be nominated.

If there is going to be drama i will come after the results, when the usual suspects start slagging the people who got picked.

I say lets do it, it should be a good laugh is nothing else.

Thank you B2B!!

I don't care, but if you have a problem w/ it, IT's just a posting board and so far the answers I got were normal and NO imposters!

if you want to bash me, it's all good!

My AOL IM is: deeperblondie

I'm posting the results anyhow, if you hate me, I already know it! lol

Besides, unbound started the topic, and I just finished it cuz everyone is Scard for some reason? WTF?

------------------

ani_twee.giftweety1.gif

Originally posted by rachel1997:

Thank you B2B!!

Besides, unbound started the topic, and I just finished it cuz everyone is Scard for some reason? WTF?

Not scared, dear. Just dont like the idea for the reasons I stated wink.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

rachel i don't hate you biggrin.gif *hugz*

and no one is gonna bash you for doing this . . . (at least i won't wink.gif)

i'm just saying, Claudio has a point that this could seriously be taken the wrong way . . .

it's all fun and games, but there are some people on this board that just don't know how to take a joke . . .

*hugz* i'm not looking for problems, hun.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

First of all this is fun, you don't like it then you should't have read it at all or commented on it!

In no way am I intended for it to start drama, and look what happend YOU started the drama for saying that's it's a "poupularity" thing.

And cluadio in no way am I meaning to bash you or something or go against you, I'm just stating what I think. wink.gif

------------------

ani_twee.giftweety1.gif

[This message has been edited by rachel1997 (edited 01-10-2001).]

can't see why there'd be a problem - if it turns into a popularity contest, so what? i really don't think people will be upset - unless they are vain enough to want to be mentioned.

most likely it will just be amusing.

i'll add a couple more:

1. most likely to respond to a post without reading it

2. most likely to respond in a completely bizarre manner.

3. most likely to have imposters taking the piss

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Suniel-

Those additions are hilarious! As always, your sense of humor breaks from the norm and spirals off in completely odd directions! I love it! cwm32.gif

However, everybody please get ready for a long-ass message from me with regards to this whole Awards thread and the resultant mock-drama. I've got some issues that I want to express to the members of the board for discussion, and I hope that you'll all read my message with a clear, thoughtful, open mind.

This board could be so much better than it is, and our friendships could be so much stronger. But a few issues need to be brought to the fore...

PEACE,

James

I'm Always Myself

------------------

You know what I was, you see what I am: change me, change me!