Clubplanet Nightlife Community

plastikman is full of shit

"NAPSTER CAN SAVE THE MUSIC BUSINESS"

Richie 'Plastikman' Hawtin believes Napster can save the music business, he told Melbourne's Inpress magazine last week in an interview about his label Plus 8. "Corporations worried about losing money and control can regain it provided they understand and embrace the technology," said Richie. "If the mass population can understand freely sharing music and can have access in an efficient manner, someone will eventually pay money somewhere along the line"...

this was said by only artist ever to ask digitalnoise.com to turn off during a broadcast because he sold his sets on cd and did not want to make them available on line ... chump.

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Nah i don't think he is. Some of it is made by him on the night or is Unique. I haven't seen ANY of his live set's for sale so he must have been the deck & effects tour. Nova arn't going to let him do that, he isn't in control. Shit if big rap acts put songs on their web site and get forced to take them off, what chance do you think Richie Hawtin has of convincing his label that DigitalNoise was a good idea? And without consulting them? Did you pre-arange it with his label and himself? I bet not, he carn't make a decision like that himself.. on the night.

I don't think he was in control of the situation, therefore his actions were not based on his opinion so he isn't a hypocrite.

He has old mixes, work in progress and some old tracks.. free on his web site. So he does beleive in the premise.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

you can always see for yourself by going to his websites. go to www.m-nus.com , see for yourself how much music he makes available for free, of his own production, in either mp3 or real audio. i'll have to take your word for the digitalnoise thang, but it doesnt sound much like him from my understanding. there are many live sets available on napster of his, as many as, and more than a lot of other big timers.

btw, that project with pete namlook is out of this world.

be cool

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Yeh on the night being a bit pissed, you can imagine him thinking WFT should i do.. take the risk that my label will be ok, or take the safe option. Nova-mute is a great label, don't fuck them off...

i wouldn't want the hassle and just take the safe route.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Nah i don't think he is. Some of it is made by him on the night or is Unique. I haven't seen ANY of his live set's for sale so he must have been the deck & effects tour. Nova arn't going to let him do that, he isn't in control. Shit if big rap acts put songs on their web site and get forced to take them off, what chance do you think Richie Hawtin has of convincing his label that DigitalNoise was a good idea? And without consulting them? Did you pre-arange it with his label and himself? I bet not, he carn't make a decision like that himself.. on the night.

I don't think he was in control of the situation, therefore his actions were not based on his opinion so he isn't a hypocrite.

He has old mixes, work in progress and some old tracks.. free on his web site. So he does beleive in the premise.

blah blah blah

he's a hypocrite

HYPOCRITE HYPOCRITE HYPOCRITE

wink.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Joey i totally agree with ya.. total buttmunch.. WTF people are gonna go out and rip it onto mp3 anywho!

besides RealAudio recorded to wav, then converted to mp3 or even burned as wav, IS REALLY REALLY REALLY SHITTY quality... And if his sets are over 74 mins long he shouldnt worry about it.. not very many people are gonna go through all the trouble of trying to make the sound improved, then taking a wav editor and breaking it up into more then one cd.. personally i would just go out and buy the set if sold and its that good......

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Grrrr, how can HE be a hypocrite when it's not up to him?

Your just trying to wind me up... bastards smile.gif

didn't you know?

*drama* is my middle name

smile.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif