Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone know a good "no-fee" apt. listings company?

if you're looking for an apartment in manhattan, there is a book that lists a lot of the available rentals and the management companies that run those buildings. i think it's called "gabrielle's manhattan rental guide" or something like that. anyway, it shows you pictures of the building, who manages it, phone numbers, etc. go to barnes & noble or borders just ask someone there - they'll know what you're talking about.

my roommate and i went through hell looking for an apartment over the summer. we used brokers, tried some of those wack "no fee" lists - it was a nightmare. using that book takes a little time and effort, not to mention trial and error, but we managed to find our apartment without having to pay a fee or any kind. if you have the patience to sift through the book and call around, it could save you a few thousand grand.

hope this helps...

The no fee listings cost hundreds of dollars a lot of time. Such a rip. Anyway, try local papers, freebies. Alot of times the listing is the owner. Or try the village voice online. The paper is only once a week but the update the listings everyday! Good luck! cwm35.gif