Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone see the new Bjork movie Dancer in the Dark

Originally posted by silveeohh:

No but I will now,I just replied to a post saying that Bjork's music is my favorite to have sex to.

cwm22.gifcwm18.gifcwm20.gifcwm30.gif

THere are at least half a dozen musical numbers, so you could be in luck wink.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............saying farewell to Summer Jan 26....you have been warned! ---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

i saw it in the theater and it was such a moving experience. afterwards, i felt so emotionally drained, but i couldn't go home. my friend and i had to commiserate selma's fate over drinks.

at first a bit slow, with jagged hand-held shots, but it drew you into the chracterization of selma and her desperate plight.

i felt the same way after requiem for a dream. different context but that same emotional wretching feeling. highly recommended.

cheers

Originally posted by starstuff:

i saw it in the theater and it was such a moving experience. afterwards, i felt so emotionally drained, but i couldn't go home. my friend and i had to commiserate selma's fate over drinks.

at first a bit slow, with jagged hand-held shots, but it drew you into the chracterization of selma and her desperate plight.

i felt the same way after requiem for a dream. different context but that same emotional wretching feeling. highly recommended.

cheers

I concur, given it's Monday over here I was struggling a bit on the verbage earlier on and couldn't find the words....glad you did wink.gif

.....the movie does require you to kind of go with the flow and really allow your self to get into her headspace

cwm13.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............saying farewell to Summer Jan 26....you have been warned! ---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

I believe Bjork to be an incredible vocalist and artist. And by the looks of these reviews, her acting ability may be as intense. I've definitely put this film on my 'must-see-before-I-die' list. Unfortunately, chances are that I'm gonna have to wait for video. Oh well...c'est la vie. cwm7.gif

i am ashamed of myself as a movie-person.. i haven't had the chance to go see it yet.. i will as soon as humanly possible though..

i also read that she said this would be her last movie..

morph_

------------------

This is my church

This is where i heal my hurts

It's in natural grace

Or watching young lives shape

It's in minor keys

Solutions and remedies

Enemies becoming friends

When bitterness ends

This is my church

Hey dere, boy! IMHO, this was the Best Movie of the Year, if you think films should be works of art; beautiful, powerful and yeah sometimes painful. Of course Gladiator will prob. win the Best Picture Oscar, while Dancer will be nominated for best song and lose to Disney and Elton John- that's hollywood for ya. cwm3.gif

this film is truly a masterpiece, no questions. bjork is excellent, top to bottom, acting, music, everything.

Lars Von Trier, is a mastermind, and the father of the "Dogme Rules", which is a set of guidelines written, it's a manifesto of sorts, that is basically set up as a complete opposite of hollywood film making. they are very strict rules, concerning what types of cameras can be used, how the score is to be created, and concerning the story itself. im not an expert on the dogme art of film making, but i know a thing or two about it. if you search for info on Lars, whom was the director of 'Dancer", you will find the dogme manifesto. ultimately, my understanding is that the directors involved are to rely on original creation, old skool (if you will) film making. the stories are not often happy endings, and always evoke emotion, as they are humanist based storylines.

Dancer did not follow the rules, but they didnt set out to. Lars set out to make a musical, and i think he couldnt have done better than Bjork for the role. best film i have seen in years.

anyway, enough out of me...

enjoy

stephen

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Very moving movie, although it didn't pull as many emotional strings as "Saving Private Ryan" did for me. Still, the dance sequences in the movie are both warped and beautiful at the same time.... and yes, the soundtrack is amazing.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."