Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tunnel...Your thoughts & ideas?

What would everyone on the board like to see happen to Tunnel? What are your thoughts on it's current status? Does anyone have any constructive criticism? If you were to rennovate tunnel... what would you do? All thoughts, ideas, comments, and constructive critiques are welcome.

Thanks

ROUNDERS

Tunnel was once incredible. It could be that way again, but it would require an effort from everyone including Promoters, talent, clubbers, and even the owner. Tunnel had a vibe once, and everynow and again it can be seen popping back up. But, what truly matters is the cientel. My friends and I have noted a change for the better at Tunnel over the last three weeks. The vibe seems to be getting stronger, as the right type of clubgoer seems to be attending the new Saturday party. Together, I believe Tunnel can once again have a light at it's end. If anyone is interested in doing a board meetup... I'm going this Saturday to hear Corbett.

Peace

Bill

why would you renovate the tunnel . . . it should remain as it has . . . as a promoter, anyway, i don't think they give you the power to tear down the building and start over - hmm, maybe things have changed . . .

smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Put Danny T. back in there and watch the people come. That's what it all comes down too. I'm sorry to see the techno party didn't catch on on Fridays, they were getting some PHAT talent. They could always upgrade the sound system but the bottom line with a space so large is to get a top notch DJ that appeals to a large variety of people and spins a wide selection of music. Danny was the man and they never should have let him leave under any circumstances.

Put Danny T. back in there and watch the people come. That's what it all comes down too. I'm sorry to see the techno party didn't catch on on Fridays, they were getting some PHAT talent. They could always upgrade the sound system but the bottom line with a space so large is to get a top notch DJ that appeals to a large variety of people and spins a wide selection of music. Danny was the man and they never should have let him leave under any circumstances.

I doubt Danny would ever take a Sat residency because he does traveling gigs that pay way more than Tunnel could afford...

How bout this, although I know it could never happen....Bring JUNIOR back to Tunnel, and let Twilo go all European or have other guests, as has been the trend anyway... Junior would pack that place out smile.gif

Originally posted by rounders:

Do u think Danny T. would draw/attract a large yet respectable crowd? What does he do on Saturdays? How does everyone else feel on this matter? Your comments, questions, & suggestions are greatly appreciated.

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

leave it as it IS.

stop trying to turn tunnel into something glitzy etc . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

i have said this over and over and over AGAIN! I think if tunnel ,up dates there sound and light's> And brought in a BIG Name DJ....every week. or even every other week to start. Tunnel would soon, be the BITCH OF NY! hey if tunnel came back, i would even break out my old club kid cloths. LOL..iv been thinking about doing it anyway.

I would love to See Junior up in there again!! OMG!!!! Talk abpout fucking VIBE!!!!!

Danny was great to, but no one Fucked that shit up like Junior did

"Diva's to the dance floor please"

Hahahaha!

OMG!! Downstairs on the Stage, Throwing some Shade, like a Tree!...and upstair's in the bath room with Jenny & Ritchie Comparing each other's blow!! Hahahah

Man, OHHHHHHHHHH

:*(

*Me*

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"do u need some help wit your dick?"

:)

Well i love tunnel just the way it is, as far as the crowd and the way the place looks, the music last sat was good with dj nero and dj elevate, and loved when jv was there. As long as theres a dj throwing hard ass joints, i am there. ;o)

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Whats this ? Respectable? NO!

Tunnel is Known for being a club were Anthing goes, or well use to...walk up in there on a saturday night oh, 6 years ago, and to my right in the hallway, there are 4 people fucking in a corner, "ohhhh, how nice" Pull out a cig and watch!? What about the horrible things that went down in the Basment? LOL...Tropical pool party's.....flooding the basment, Comparing penis size, in a little blow up pool, doing lines off some NYU boys ass! Hahahahah!

They were crazy time's.

I dont think kids could handle it now!

Hahahaha,

as for tunnel now, Decor?

well it is kinda Raunchy in there, but its a good raunch? i like the new decorations above the bar, maybe something above the dance floor, its to CAVE like in there, neads some color, the basment needs some work 2, paint! new couches, diff color,

The hallway is ok, The fuzzy room needs to get a few tocuh up's, Bring back the couches,

The stage looks like its about to fall apart.

some laser's would make that dance floor look sick!!....also A Fod machine, and some new MARTIN's...to re-place the old ones. some basic lighting could do it nice 2,

But i would work on a dj

Junior,

danny

someone BIG,

Tunnel is a huge place, they need a big name DJ>>>>and to be honest, Keep the music Away from Trance, have a trance area, but keep the music diff, HARD HOUSE, Disco house, something to make that pussy pop!

are u taking Notes?

lol

*me*

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree that Vicious did a killer job at Tunnel....he wasn't the reason that party didn't work... I think it failed because the crowd that the promoters tried to bring isn't the crowd that belongs at Tunnel... as much as we all hate to admit it, the crowd the "belongs at Tunnel" has probably grown up and joined the real world frown.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

I agree that Tunnel is in need of a minor face lift. But where to begin.

1. Make bathrooms unisex again

2. remodel mezz (mirrors)

3. renovate stage

4. rebuild dj booth (it's practicly cardboard)

5. Elevate/ stabilize cages

6. Fog & lasers

7. challenge dj's to spin

Well to be honest, its very simple!!

yes things need to be changed, i would start with the light's sound and dj booth first, and then stage, touch up's and such like that that.

Ok now we all no "club kids" dont really Walk the floors of clubs anymore, it all died, and yes it sucks. But you dont really need another club kid Culture, That might be asking for trouble, all kids have to do is read disco blood bath, and then POOF!! 50 crazed 18yr old drug addicts, all over again!

it cant be done!!, it will just SUCK! lol

what YOU ROUNDER can do, as a promoter, is have a talk with your other promoter's and do something ass simple as

"Any one who shows up, in Artistic colorfull Creative outfit's" gets in for 10 bucks, compared to the 25......boom there are like 10 people right there, maybe even more.

on your flyer's.. Try to bring in a Gay, straight, crowd... hire some Diva's to do some shows on Stage, its very easy.

but do not make this your KEY thing to get people to come, UH UH, wont work,

You need a BIG NAME DJ....or u will have 20 frekae dup kids, with 40 Guido's on the stage, and diva's smoking cig's on the speaker's BORING.....

if u need any more info, i no all the old Tricks PM me smile.gif

*Jaysea*

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple fix:

1) Bring in good DJ's with a unique, forward looking, intelligent sound. My vote here would be for the Trance-It Authority.

2) Promote hard. Minimum 10,000/week flyers distributed at the street level, a banner ad on the front page of ClubPlanet, posters in key record and retail stores, write-up's in music mags like MIXER T

3)The promoters should have their own website to promote the party and then aggressively link it to every related site possible.

4)Get a good name for the party, I can think of several, but I won't post them here.

5) An aggressive email campaign to increase turnout.

Just a few suggestions to kick start what you guys are doing.

Yes! This is good, go further... challenge eachother thoughts and opinions. Should the main stage remain dark? What DJ's in particular should be booked? How is the crowd/vibe? What else can possibly be done to bring back Tunnel's vibe? Just think, you could be dancing in a club you helped create! Come out & see Corbett this Saturday and then get back to me. Perhaps then you will have some basis to form your comments.

THE TUNNEL IS THE SHIT AND ALWAYS WILL BE, WHEN JV WAS THERE A COUPLE MONTHS AGO IT WAS SICK. I KNOW ALL THE TRUE TUNNEL HEADS CAN AGREE THAT THE BEATS HE PLAYED WERE SICK AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT NEVER HEARD JVs MUSIC ON SATURDAYS I FEEL FOR U CAUSE U NEVER KNEW WHAT HE WAS GONNA COME OUT WITH. I AM 18 NOW AND I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE SINCE I WAS 16. DONT KNOW HOW I ALWAYS GOT IN BUT I REMEMBER THE LINES AROUND THE BLOCK AND EDDIE BIAEZ RIPPING SHIT TILL THE EARLY MORNING. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT ALL THE TRUE TUNNEL RATS U KNOW WHO U ARE, CAN VOUCHE FOR ME AND SAY THAT THE TUNNEL IS THE SHIT AND ALWAYS BE.

cwm41.gif

I dont agree with the main floor being lighter. I think its perfect the way it always was and still is, (DARK).

First as someone stated that the promotional campaign should be the key to bring about more ppl.

Now about the place: DJ is the priority, dunno who though.

Basic things would help too like you said:

< 1. Make bathrooms unisex again >

--would help

< 2. remodel mezz (mirrors) >

--mirrors would be really sweet!

< 3. renovate stage >

< 4. rebuild dj booth (it's practicly cardboard) >

< 5. Elevate/ stabilize cages >

--how would ppl climb into those w/o falling down?

< 6. Fog & lasers >

-- a must have

I have a question though... ppl complaining about the sound system but didnt they upgrade the speakers and maybe the whole system like a year ago or less?

correct me if im wrong but i did notice that the sound was a lot clearer than it was a year ago.

Rad_

------------------

FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

One thing I have to say about one topic that many of you note. Everyone says bring a big name DJ... or someone said a forward looking DJ etc..... but none of you are giving whoever is gonna be there a chance! Big name DJs are not made overnight. NY used to be great years ago because promoters took chances and MADE DJs... not just went and hired the biggest name they could find... and people came out anyway.

For example, 2 DJs I can think of who I think are amazing DJs: Parish from Clubplanet and Corbett. Now, niether of them are Huge names.... Corbett was a really big name in NY a few years back, but not around the other parts of the US or anything. Now if they put Parish in Tunnel on a Saturday night how many of you would get hyped and go check it out? Corbett IS there this Saturday... and how many of you will give it a chance? How many of you have heard since like 95 at Limelight and USA? There are so many talented DJs out there, but if you don't check them out you'll miss it all. I've heard promoters say this DJ is great but he doesn't have a name. How do you think a DJ gets a name? Promoters have to MAKE it so. Get behind people.

My 2 cents!

Mike