Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Electronica shrinking?

Guest blckraven

Guest blckraven

Nothing is going to happen, We will all migrate to new sounds.

At the heart of it all is Techno, the driving force behind all the beats.

Think about it that is the main thing that we all love about our music, It keeps evolving. It is in its nature. Progressive.

I still love Trance and techno more than ever.

I like tech house too

------------------

Live and embrace life to the fullest ! Love like you never have, dance and become one with light

there is already a spintering of Goa trance, as for one supposedly that name only applies to a small part of psychadelic tracne. ANtoehr splintering of psytrance/techno is psy-techno. i have only come across a bit of it, but from what i have heard i think it is quite good.

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

BEZ!!!! what the bloody hell happened to BEZ???? (rehab probably.)

nice one matta...

believe it or not the Happy Mondays reformed for the Big Day Out concerts over here (Sydney was on the 26th), playing Happy Mondays & Black Grape hits.......Carl Cox, Darren Emerson, Roni Size amongst others also played......60,000 went to the one in Sydney....apparently IT WAS AWESOME

cwm12.gif Roni Size is apparently the Messiah...and of course, as I anticipated being in New York I didn't have tickets cwm36.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to make it into the country b4 the dinner meetup!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

There was an interesting thing in mixmag about how electronica is shrinking. They wern't being too serious but there may be some fact in it...

Ok 'in the begining there was house', then the scene explodes...

.................House --------- Garage

....................|

...............|------------|

.............Techno.....Acid House

...............|........... |

............-------......Trance

...........|.......|

........Minimal..Industrial

...........|.........|

...........|.......Gabba

...........|

...........|

......Tech-House

So you get the idea... so now we have 100 million different styles and flavors. So that's where we are now, I can't see many other flavors around the corner (not as far as beat structure). But what I can see happening is the styles merging, which should in theory bring people back together again... When each new style comes out you get people splintering off, I went from Acid House to Techno and so on. But now with Tech-House and the breaks that are coming out people, that have been segregated can now relate to the same music and once again will be going out together.

Now I think we have always had tech-house (La Luna in 1990 is a perfect example) we have always had Speed Garage and when there was a need to call it something different and promoters thought they needed to be a house club or a techno club.. that split up a very diverse group of people (travelers, clubers, indie people etc all used to go to acid house parties).

So I think a convergence will do the scene good, and maybe like Mixmag things we are heading towards Nu-School Acid house.

What do you peeps thinks is going to happen?

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

[This message has been edited by back2basics- (edited 01-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by back2basics- (edited 01-30-2001).]

I think you'll see the purist rebellion.

Down with progressive anything. Every genre will become like what the techo-snobs have done to techno.

Also look to see a splintering of the goa / psy-trance scene. Psy-breaks?

As far as trends go.. the techno renaissance I foretold in the spring is well underway. I still see a bright future for the return of Bigbeat. After all, the frat boys need something to dance to right?

------------------

if you're bored: Sat. Jan 27 - Leisure Society @ The Leopard Lounge