Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GrOoVe -- The Movie

Yes I do have it. I got it for $22 from Amazon.com. I recieved it 3 days after I placed the order.

When I first saw it, I was in Cambridge, UK, and thought it was an instant classic, so when I returned to the US I wanted to get it. There are only slight, and I do mean slight, differences between the two.

------------------

Carlos

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it truely is, infinite." -William Blake

This is my take- Groove is the rave/1999 version of bad/cheesy/unrealistic but sometimes just right 80's flicks like fuckin Pump Up the Volume or Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. In 20 yrs kids will watch it and imitate the late 90's saying "it aint over till the last record spins man" and ask you "Mom, do you still have your glowsticks?" Not a good movie, but that's never stopped anyone from enjoying 16 Candles.

Human Traffic on the other hand is hands down the funniest movie I've seen in yrs. Perfect mix of weird sidetrips into fantasy, dead on depiction of the typical ups/downs of a full on weekend, and just a bit of drama/romance to reel you in.

No offense to the people who liked it, but I thought it was TERRIBLE. Yeah, Digweed was cool, but the whole storyline/plot was pathetic. I was very disappointed with it myself. It was a little too off the wall for me.

------------------

bluesbro.gif

Well.... There is definetely a lot of mixed opinions on this movie, but above all... "To each his own". I do accept it was not the Film wonder of the year, but I beleive it was not that bad. Yes the characters were a lil lousy, yes, the trama was a lil off, but throughout the movie - even if u completely hated it- one could definetely pick up some details to feel really identified with. I beleive the movie tried to closely depict many aspects of the culture, and illustrate many points of view of the different ppl who roll that night....

The party was cool, the music was awesome, and the overall feeling after watching the movie was rather pleasing.

I particularly enjoyed those parts in the movie when a dj started spinnin, how the crowd reacted to the mixing... Whenever one dj got off and the next one came on, u could tell how the crowd enjoyed it... ALso liked the feeling of leaving the "warehouse district" in SF (meatpackin distict in NY) and driving off into the day, with a huge smile in ur face....

My rating: 3.5 stars

Definetely a keeper in my collection.

cwm12.gifcwm30.gifcwm12.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif