Clubplanet Nightlife Community

* Tips for Great Pix! *

hey, everyone! i just wanted to share a little knowledge about simple ways to get better looking pix to post on the board!** cwm9.gif

1. first and foremost, crop your picture! unless the point of the pic is that you are visiting some sort of landmark, or the scenery is really beautiful, trim that background out! you are the focus of the picture, so you should take up most of the pic.

2. then, resize the image. i know i really wanna see you guys, but not when i have to scroll around just to see your whole face. you also don't want people to load your picture just to see your forehead fill their screen.

3. adjust your brightness/contrast. usually you only have to bump it up or down a few (1 to 5) notches each. check your previews.
    [/list=a]

and then for the more ambitious shutterbugs, the following is optional for novices, but mandatory to graphicheadz:

4. most importantly adjust your levels. adjust your RGB to limit your extreme black and extreme white inputs (bring the slider a wee bit closer to 0, you'll know how much by where your histogram bar graph drops). then adjust your grey point for good balance. adjust the individual color channels for color correction in the pic/scan carries too much color error (too much or not enough of a color.) and if you're really ambitious, adjust each color channel's gamma. i like the easier "variations" option in the newer adobe photoshop/imageready.

5. hue, saturation, lightness. more hue = more green. less hue, more magenta. saturation = adjust color versus black/white. lightness = how much of the picture shows up using a white base. also adjustable in the "variations" option in imageready/photoshop.

[/list=a]

i think that's a good starting point.

there's no reason for a picture to limit its subject, and that's you, baby! cwm32.gif

** 'cept if you're ugly, then i can't help u with that one

------------------
    sig.gif
    http://liz.isfamous.com