Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is there an alternative to Napster???????

WinMX - napster may be goin down, but the independent servers it used should still be there. This thing searches ALL of them, so the results come back in high hundreds, etc., since they are not limited to just 100. Plus you can search for mpegs, jpegs, etc.

Also someone told me iMesh is decent.

------------------

vip.gif

herbert_kornfeld_t.gif

There was another question about this, probably on 2nd page by now.

But someone had mentioned www.audiogalaxy.com

I checked it out and its good, easy to navigate through the site. It's just like Napster, where you have to download the "audio galaxy" program. For me this site is better than Napster, because I can access it through my job computer, whereas with Napster my company has a "firewall" agianst it.

I did hear napster is still up & running though.

India

------------------

india222@hotmail.com

Tinkerbell-01.gif

GNUTELLA!!!

It's not as simple as Napster but it's based on a similar concept. Instead of using a centralized server to connect and transfer files with other people (like napster) it turns your pc to a gnutalla client and looks for other gnutella clients to talk to. So there is no server to shut down. It's untouchable by law...or so they say! You can also do searches for a lot more stuff than just mp3's...but it's a lot harder to find matching results to your searches.

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA