Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving to CT from queens

im thinking about moving to stamford,CT. it seems like a better place to live than bayside queens. i've lived here for more than 2 yrs and i just wanna get out. there are also many resonably priced luxury apts in stamford. anybody familiar with that area? please advise. are the taxes lower in CT?

i work at home so commuting is not a big deal.

That should be a good move, but considering you are well off (from previous posts) why not consider Greenwich or Fairfield County. They have some pretty decent looking homes. As far as taxes, do you mean property taxes...Well if I am not mistaken its not like at a discount to NYC or anything but it should be a lil better. I went to school in CT on the coast so I know the area a little bit.

-Jamms "catalogthatunder_please"

------------------

GLI ABBRACCI face50.gif

well im not that well off and not planning to buy a house yet im only 28 and single. stamford is right near greenwich.. i think they are in the same county. i really like stamford, i thought greenwich seemed too boring and didn't see any apt complexes.

Originally posted by jammy:

That should be a good move, but considering you are well off (from previous posts) why not consider Greenwich or Fairfield County. They have some pretty decent looking homes. As far as taxes, do you mean property taxes...Well if I am not mistaken its not like at a discount to NYC or anything but it should be a lil better. I went to school in CT on the coast so I know the area a little bit.

Stamford is in Fairfield County. I think you can find a nice 1br in Stamford for $1200-$2000. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if price isn't a real concern, check out Greenwich. Westport and parts of Norwalk are nice too.

I'm not sure how the taxes are in NY, so I can't help you with that.

Be prepared to be bored, though...

I LIVE IN STAMFORD FOR 5 YEARS, IS NICE IN THE BEGINING BUT ONCE YOU GET USE TO BE AROUND HERE I MIGHT NOT LIKE AS MUCH, IT ALL DEPENDS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN LIFE.

FOR WORK, THAT IS PLENTY, PARTYNG AROUND HERE IS VERY LIMITED.(CLUBS AND BARS CLOSE AT (1:45AM) SUX.

PEOPLE IN CT ARE VERY RESTRICTED ABOUT THINGS.

BUT STILL FUN...

Originally posted by jammy:

where did you go to school??? i go to school here now it is terrible. can't buy alcohol after 8:00 cops in fairfield county are mad annoying. Clubs and bars close mad early. The clubs are basically just bars with a dj basically playing a cd with songs that were popular 6 months ago. i mean looks wise it is a great place to live but it is a very sheltered life. Stamford and norwalk aren't bad

like there are some things to do and its not a very long train ride to the city but i would not suggest moving to this rectangle of death they call CT... no offense to people who grew up here and love it but it is just alot more close minded here than what i am used to in NY.

------------------

Don't you want to grow up to be just like me....

[This message has been edited by blaznny (edited 02-27-2001).]

Connecticut is nice if you like to hang around somber, gloomy folks that call 12:30am a late night out. It's not a bad place to retire, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 35 and single. The only good thing about it is that it's a short train ride or drive from NYC.

Also, why the hell do liquor/beer stores close at 8pm? When first moved up here from Philly, I thought people were joking with me when they first told me this.

Originally posted by blaznny:

where did you go to school??? i go to school here now it is terrible. can't buy alcohol after 8:00 cops in fairfield county are mad annoying. Clubs and bars close mad early. The clubs are basically just bars with a dj basically playing a cd with songs that were popular 6 months ago. i mean looks wise it is a great place to live but it is a very sheltered life. Stamford and norwalk aren't bad

like there are some things to do and its not a very long train ride to the city but i would not suggest moving to this rectangle of death they call CT... no offense to people who grew up here and love it but it is just alot more close minded here than what i am used to in NY.

I went to Fairfield U...It was cool though but yes with a deli size slice of CT cheeze...The 8:00 thing does really suck especially if you run out of stuff by 7:50 and have to make a quick run (hey that what BJ's is for cwm27.gif industrial size baby!) I went to So. Norwalk this past week and was re-introduced to the cheeze at Liquid...It was fun though meeting up with old friends.

-Jamms "gettingnostalgic"

------------------

Haben Sie Ihr Schuhe auf tanzt? face50.gif

I work in Stamford a couple of days a week. It is nice out there and right on the water. There are some great places to eat and one fabulous mall...... Darien is nice as well, that is only an exit or two north on 95....

Not sure about the CT tax..... It is also not a terrible commute into the city....

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.