Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I need a cd burner!! Help!

Can anyone suggest a decent cd buner out there? Are there any places in particular I should look so I don't want to spend a small fortune on one. I have a Pentium II,if that matters.

I want to start downloading the songs people ID!

Thanks folks!

cwm38.gif

------------------

You're only young once

Go for it. I'll agree with dschwed on that one. The Plextor burn proof drives are the best bang for the buck. Unless you get a drive with the same technology under a differnet name, like Teac. My room mate got a Teac burnproof 12x10x32 IDE cdrw for $140 cash at the local computer shows. Can't go wrong with that, actually 2 of my room mates bought the same drive... no problems yet. The best thing to do is hop on Napster, download live sets of compilations that are uncut, open it up in Nero and cut it up yourself or with the CUE times. Enjoy!

------------------

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

Originally posted by dale77:

Thanks boys, I'll look into that!!!

I have a distinct feeling that my life is going to be totally consumed by burning cds once I get one.

I can't wait!!!

you better consume your life with burning cd's for me also! don't forget, my sweet, I MADE YOU!!!

cwm26.gif

Any of them you should be ok with. Look for the fastest one you can get. A 12x or faster is great. Just dont get a Pacific Data burner. I had the for experences with it. Real shitty peace. I have a Yamaha and it is great. It is a little old but it gets the job done. cwm16.gif

Originally posted by johnnyrevs:

i have a hewlett packard laptop,anyone know a burner that's compatible??There's no room for a cd-r drive.

shop for an "external" cd-r drive. it is a self-contained unit that will plug into your laptop through exterior ports cwm11.gif .

------------------

-dusk til dawn-

Skeleton-22.gif

"You take the blue pill: Capsule-02.gif

The story ends, you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill: Capsule-03.gif

You stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes..."

-Morpheus