Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm gonna cry!

Originally posted by ancientskewl:

C'mon....I'm tellin' ya: it's not too late!

1) Wipe the tears

2) Contact the Realtor

3) Submit the offer

cwm11.gif

Our realtor contacted the seller's realtor. Apparently the home is still available. The problem is that my b/f won't make an offer until he sees the home (understandable), but the sellers are on vacation until the 18th and my boyfriend is scheduled to leave the afternoon of the 19th for 2 weeks. So, he's unable to see the home. We're hoping he can get in to see it early on the 19th, but who the hell knows.

My boyfriend and I just got into an argument b/c I feel he needs to trust my instincts and make an offer if I feel a home is worth it. I fear my b/f's traveling will interfere w/us getting a home. He's usually gone 3 days out of the week (domestic) and we won't even get into his over seas trips.

------------------

pbc.gif

Originally posted by playboychick:

Our realtor contacted the seller's realtor. Apparently the home is still available.

Of course it is...I coulda toldja that! cwm1.gif

The problem is that my b/f won't make an offer until he sees the home (understandable), but the sellers are on vacation until the 18th and my boyfriend is scheduled to leave the afternoon of the 19th for 2 weeks. So, he's unable to see the home. We're hoping he can get in to see it early on the 19th, but who the hell knows.

If the Property is listed with MLS-- AND you say it's in "move in condition"...then then there should be a lock-box containing the door key. Unless the Sellers wish to be present -- which is rare --then your Realtor should be able to show the property at anytime just by contacting the Listing Agent. You and your b/f could theoretically see it tonight. cwm7.gif

My boyfriend and I just got into an argument b/c I feel he needs to trust my instincts and make an offer if I feel a home is worth it. I fear my b/f's traveling will interfere w/us getting a home. He's usually gone 3 days out of the week (domestic) and we won't even get into his over seas trips.

Be vewy, vewy careful going into a Real estate transaction with someone other than your spouse. Also, make sure he's not getting cold feet at the prospect of such a huge purchase (can u say: commitment?!?). I'll let you fill in between the lines.

Bottom line (again):

1) Wipe the tears

2) Contact your realtor and ask if there's a "lock box"

3) Ask the Realtor for an appointment to see the property "now"

4) Go for it!

If al else fails then tell the Realtor this:

"I'm very interested in making an offer but I'm unavailable until May 5th."

I guarantee you the Realtor will wait.

cwm11.gif

------------------

"The one who dies with the most toys is just……DEAD!" -- CitiCorp

Live 4 2 day!

I have a feeling the house my boyfriend and I were interested in is off the market now. frown.gif

I went to show a friend the listing on Realtor.com and it's no longer there. We didn't make an offer yet b/c my boyfriend has been unable to view the home yet and the sellers are currently away on vacation. I knew we should have made an offer anyway! Damn it!

It was our greatest prospect! I knew I jynxed myself by telling too many people about it!

I'm so upset I'm ready to puke.

Sorry folks for another "woe is me" post.

This sucks. frown.gif

------------------

pbc.gif

Hey PlayboyGurly...don't sweat it...The realtor "must" present ALL offers to the sellers no matter what he/she may think the prospective buyer's chances are. If the Sellers are on vacation they may not have seen nor accepted the existing offer. The Realtor is ethically as well as legally bound to present your offer.

-or-

You can have the Realtor place your offer in a "secondary" position just in case the first contract does not go through.

The bottom line: present your offer and remember: EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Good Luck.

cwm1.gif

------------------

"The one who dies with the most toys is just……DEAD!" -- CitiCorp

Live 4 2 day!