Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To clarify about Home, the Tunnel etc

Ok so Homes parent company are in financial difficulties. A 'cash flow' is to blame apparently. So the mystery buyer for The Tunnel won't be Home. I am more worried about how that effects Ibiza.

But there is a group called Mean Fiddler, they do all sorts of things for concerts and things like Home lands. They could be a possible buyer. I think Cream are out as well, just because to organize these Cream fields events must have cost quiet a bit. But they have just put another club in the UK on the back burner and opened up a place in Buenos Aires. I just don't think buying BOTH clubs would be in there price range.

Gatecrasher and Ministry are the only other UK clubs that would be in the running or have the cash flow. Gatecrasher have just been forced to move and again have just bough another club in the UK. I am not sure there backers have the finances to do it either. Which leaves the Ministry of Sound, now they DO have the money and the backers. And they were trying to buy the Millennium Dome in the UK but are out of the running. So they could possibly be one of the only club owners to pull this off.

The only other people I could think of would be the people behind Pacha's, Manumission or some NY based company.

Sorry just working this through in my head, it will certainly be interesting to find out who it is.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

i would love to see someone come in take the place over and give it a face lift..

the layout is fantastic and w/ a new sound system and quality dj's it would be great..

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

I'd err towards MOS as well, with all this shit that just went down in London AND the financial issues home are too much shit themsevles......

but u never know ur luck in a big city cwm13.gif

------------------

Rock star partying since 1993.................. boa_boy@yahoo.com AIM boaboyOZ YIM boa_boy

Originally posted by boa_boy:

I'd err towards MOS as well, with all this shit that just went down in London AND the financial issues home are too much shit themsevles......

but u never know ur luck in a big city cwm13.gif

Yeh it looks like Home will declair themselves bankrupt in a few months. But you know how these things work they will just start up again under a different name and buy back the clubs etc cheap. They may try and sell some of the bars who know.

But i just carn't think of anybody else with the cash. I would say they will sell for a good few million. And it will have to be a group with a good name on the drugs front. Carn't see it just being a random 'up-scale' club company as these two clubs have so much history. It could be a company called European Leisure as well, but they would mess it up.

My money is on MOS, if it's a UK company... which is fairly likely, due to the amount of intrest over the past few years.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

actually,

in another thread on tunnel, another user (sorry, i forgot your name) had mentioned that his sources say that FedEx is buying tunnel. makes a lot of sense, actually- why do you guys assume that space would necessarily be used for a club?

it's right by the west side highway. a good location for some shipping-related business. plus, the community board would probably give it less crap than a club. unfortunately, i think tunnel's going to bite the dust as a club.

Originally posted by pwoofo:

actually,

in another thread on tunnel, another user (sorry, i forgot your name) had mentioned that his sources say that FedEx is buying tunnel. makes a lot of sense, actually- why do you guys assume that space would necessarily be used for a club?

it's right by the west side highway. a good location for some shipping-related business. plus, the community board would probably give it less crap than a club. unfortunately, i think tunnel's going to bite the dust as a club.

Because we know that it's a single buyer for both clubs. It could be just somebody looking for teh property but why would they but both? Surley they would just buy the Tunnel, and not Limelight.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Ugh. Well i have a few things to say about this. I Think this SUCKS!, haha.

its just gonna be weird to Not have the tunnel, or limelight? Omg what will NY be with out the Amazing Venue(Limelight)? i wonder what the new owner's would do to limelight? ugh thats just scarey, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i can see tunnel turning into a sound factory, or a Exit, Thats just wrong, lol

Tunnel was a Club for The FREAKS! It was a aplace were u could be anyone, and still be excepted, It out did, Palladium,USA,Expo, I mean it went on and off for 15 years or so.

nothing else has done that.Its so sad. But i hope if someone does buy it out, they make the place Fab, and Get a good dj in there, and have it be all diff forms of people,

I Think i would die if that space Turns into Silicone Valley, (Exit, Sf) Hahah.

Ok, does anyone else wanna no who's buying it? and what there plans are?

i wish they would keep the same's 2.

i guess im not ready to say Bye bye to

LimeLight & TuNNeL cwm36.gif

------------------

"kill a kandy kid"

4 FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"do u need some help wit your dick?"

:)

BACK TO BASICS Just to clarify: Earlier in this thread you said gatecrasher had be forced to move in England. Im not sure if im correct but I was under the impression that they had secured the future of the republic after a turn around in the decision to develop flats in the area?????????

Have you got some more up to date gossip that ive missed out on?

Originally posted by expander:

BACK TO BASICS Just to clarify: Earlier in this thread you said gatecrasher had be forced to move in England. Im not sure if im correct but I was under the impression that they had secured the future of the republic after a turn around in the decision to develop flats in the area?????????

Have you got some more up to date gossip that ive missed out on?

You could be right, my info is a few month old. I went to crasher when i went home and that was the score then 'urban regeneration' was the term used. Not sure but i will find out.

------------------

b2b6.GIF