Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't let it happen to you!

Ok, so you've thought about getting your coat stolen at least once when you've checked it into coat check. What if you were to lose your ticket? Oh no!

Well, thanks to the staff asking for initials, the chance of that is only 1 in 676, or 0.15%.

Be careful! If you lose your claim ticket 677 times, you are bound to have your coat stolen! For the clumsy among us, this is a real threat.

Say you go to clubs for 15 years, from age 18 to 33. (I know some of you have pulled much longer stints, so don't take this as an attack on your veteranship! smile.gif) With 15 years of clubbing, that comes down to losing your ticket 44 times a year. At 104 club nights each year, you would have to lose it every other night, or each and every weekend, to have your coat stolen..

Phew! cwm1.gif No worries bringing those big fur coats to Twilo, boys.. unless there is a fire. smile.gif

(Yes, I really wish I wasn't home tonight.) cwm22.gif

------------------

cnycsoftcore.gif

[This message has been edited by aphelion (edited 04-13-2001).]

Guest danwang

I never had anyone at coat check ask me for initials until I came to clubs in NY. This includes a lot of clubbing in Boston.

Before I give details, did any (or all) of you happen to read the Boston board about what happened regarding coats on New Year's Eve at Avalon, one of their biggest clubs?

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Originally posted by danwang:

Before I give details, did any (or all) of you happen to read the Boston board about what happened regarding coats on New Year's Eve at Avalon, one of their biggest clubs?

No.. do tell..!

------------------

cnycsoftcore.gif

I lost my ticket once at Twilo. I was sooo lucky, tho. I described my coat (which was brand new) to the guy and gave him my friend's ticket, which was only one or two off from mine. Thank God the guy was nice; it was Juniorverse so if they made me stay till the end I would have had to wait for many hours.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg