Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is it true that JP bought Limelight??????

From what Ive been hearing(pretty reliable sources I would think)it aint happening............

But hey what do I know, right?????

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

"The Futures So Bright.......I Gotta Wear Shades"

Email: Andy_Zeee@hotmail.com

AIM: AztecNY

If it is true I hope they don't ruin such an incredible place!!

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

So what was with the speech at SF this weekend? Is he just investing $ into LL? I know he ain't leaving SF smile.gif Or is this all top secret classified info?

What speech.. do tell.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I wasn't there so I can't tell you exactly what he said.. But as I read it on Deeper, he said something to the effect of "i'm not leaving sf until it burns down, and i'm going down with it" or smth like that.. That pretty much explains that he's staying at SF as a DJ.. But that has nothing to do with him investing $ in another club.. I'm just curious what it's gonna be even though all I care about is that he's still gonna be at SF smile.gif

Originally posted by p00h:

maybe he'll spin limelight fridays. i feel for the factoryheads though if thats the case. they'll be burning out at twice the rate...

Haha.. I don't think WE will be burning out as bad as Jonathan himself from doing crazy sets 2 days in a row..

He did 2 days back to back for New Years.. He closed a lil early for a New Years party and someone asked him outside why he closed so early.. He just said that he was very tired.. 2 nights in a row EVERY week would be insane.. Once a week is destructive enough smile.gif

Originally posted by MarioNY:

Wasn't there a rumor posted a long time ago regarding JP buying some club, or was that another one of my momentary lapse of reasoning??????

Awwww Mario.. These lapses are not so momentary after all LOL.. I haven't heard anything about him buying anything before LL.. But it very well might be true.. Dunno smile.gif Just wanted to bust on you a lil smile.gif *hugzzzzz*

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Awwww Mario.. These lapses are not so momentary after all LOL.. I haven't heard anything about him buying anything before LL.. But it very well might be true.. Dunno smile.gif Just wanted to bust on you a lil smile.gif *hugzzzzz*

OK....am I gonna have to do a search here????

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA

JP didn't buy limelight.

I heard on the radio this morning driving to work that Cameron Douglass...Michael Douglass son, who is a dj there and dating Peter Gatien's daughter is probably going to step in and buy the club for about $4 million. We will see though. cwm24.gif

blah blah blah , blah blah blh , blah blah.

wy dont we wait and see what happens, seems like everyday theres a new story ...

i think most of this has to do with the media's hard-on for peter ... rumors of the tunnel and limelight being sold, shut down , moving , losing leases and whatever else anyone can conjure up have been in the news forever ...

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

Originally posted by tintin:

Well guys, it is true. I know somebody who works with JP and it is true. The words came right out of his mouth. This is going to be a great change for the seen in NYC. Lets see what happens.

Same here...thats exactly what i heared

as far as him stoppping spinning at SF ...it isnt true..supposedly his contract is still good for 2 years...but he will co-own LL and he did invest money already pretty much to confirm emiliep's post...

------------------

MY SIGNATURE IS ANNOYING ME ! ! !

AIM: ArthurBrooklyn

TëMA

This is what Jonathan said:

"There are lots of rumors going around about me and limelight...I wanna let you guys know that I'm staying at SF...If SF burns down, then i'm going down with it."

-Jonathan Peters

This is a sample from his speech at SF this sunday. He didnt say he wasnt buying it.

I heard this rumore this past weekend and thought to myself WOW that would be the dumbest thing I ever heard on Peter gatians part...

Please tell me the truth

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

bottle1-a.gifAll Gone ecstasy_a.gifThe chemical molecules that make up Ectasy

here ya go:

April 13, 2001 -- EXCLUSIVE

Selling to Hartford honcho.Nightlife king Peter Gatien is selling Limelight to a controversial Connecticut club owner whose properties also face allegations of rampant drug dealing and deadly overdoses.

Limelight is under contract for sale for $3.4 million to David Squillante of Hartford, who, with partner Jonathan Peters - a club DJ - has already put a non-refundable $300,000 down payment in escrow, The Post has learned.

Squillante and Peters intend to sign a 28-year lease on the property - a 19th-century church on Sixth Avenue - and convert it into a 1,500-capacity dance bar and 125-seat restaurant called Worship, according to an investor prospectus.

Gatien hopes the deal will be clinched by Memorial Day, along with the separate sale of his other Manhattan club, Tunnel, to someone else, his lawyer, Alan Klinger, said yesterday.

But while regulators have been eager to see Gatien leave the nightclub business - dogging him with drug investigations, nuisance-abatement proceedings and liquor-license hearings since the mid-'90s - they may find little comfort in his successor at Limelight.

Squillante's two clubs in Hartford - the Velvet Night Club bar and the after-hours club System - were padlocked for a week in January on allegations employees ignored open drug dealing on the dance floors.

The clubs were allowed to reopen only after upping security and agreeing to uniformed police monitoring, but they remain under investigation, said prosecutor Brian Austin Jr. of the Connecticut state attorney's office.

Gatien's Tunnel club is currently facing up to a year's closing under a city nuisance-abatement action that is almost identical to Connecticut's prosecution of Squillante's clubs.

Hartford police are also investigating the overdose death of Jason Kratt, 25, of Columbia, Conn., after a night of partying at System - in another striking similarity between Squillante and Gatien, where an 18-year-old Tunnel patron suffered a fatal overdose in 1999.

"We've had numerous other overdoses [at Squillante's clubs] that wound up in the hospital, along with numerous sexual assaults," said Hartford Police Sgt. Franco Sanzo.

Like Gatien - whose landlords claim his two Manhattan clubs are behind more than $2 million in rent - Squillante also has financial problems. Velvet has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to court documents.

"There are some similarities there, that's for sure," Austin noted of Gatien and Squillante.

Squillante's partner, Jonathan Peters, is a DJ who frequently spins Saturday nights at Sound Factory, another Manhattan club haunted by drug allegations.

"We've been negotiating with [squillante's] lawyers and accountants, and we've asked whether they thought there would be any problems getting a liquor license, and they said no," Klinger said.

Squillante and his lawyers did not return phone calls.