Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dancing video games

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

Do you know those dancing games that you have to touch certain footpads in beat with the music? I think it (or at least one kind) is called "Dance Dance Revolution" but I'm not sure. In Asia, people I know call them "dancing machines". In Singapore, I've seen kids who can play really well. (granted I haven't been to the arcades much, I haven't seen anyone good in NY yet)

Do any of you play this?

The music isn't exactly what you would hear at Twilo, but IMO it's all fun.

I suck at it, but I often find it fun to see if I can ever do better than the last time, and blow off $1-2 each time while at it.

Maybe if there's enough of you out there who like this stuff, we should get together, so I can at least see how you do. And you can see just how bad I am. smile.gif

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Yeah, my cousins have that game on Playstation, plus they have 2 of those dancing pads. You don't really dance, you just hop and jump to the beat (and that's the only way you can really keep up with the beat). My cuz is only 13 but whoops my ass at it... its funny, he looks like a little raver in training. I know I look ridiculous at it, but I'm usually laughing too hard to notice.

Personally, I like Bust A Groove better (Japanese version) cwm1.gif

I was hanging out with Vejita and friends at the arcade on 42nd and 10th, and this couple spent all night on that machine. They were really good too, totally putting on a show.

I was hanging out with some friends back home that was playing a game on Playstation from Korea ... no dancing pads but you use the keypads to make your person dance to the music. The goal is to score higher points by doing fancier moves.

absolutely, that shit is fun. we have two pads at home and me, my younger bro and sis rock at it. my bro is prolly the best out of all three of us and he's only 13 too. there's a machine in chinatown off of canal street and we go there n put on a show all the time. our cousins from SI r the ones who got us into it. we're all gettin the real platforms one soon too, like the platforms in the arcades.

which mixes u got? haha only ppl who don't kno how to play have to concentrate on steppin on the right arrows on the beat. when u get good, u dance along to it too. we're on the 4th mix now. lemme kno if anyone wants a get together for this. might as well go to chinatown; us asians put on a good show smile.gif

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

I was hanging out with Vejita and friends at the arcade on 42nd and 10th, and this couple spent all night on that machine. They were really good too, totally putting on a show.

I was hanging out with some friends back home that was playing a game on Playstation from Korea ... no dancing pads but you use the keypads to make your person dance to the music. The goal is to score higher points by doing fancier moves.

o yea, the game w/the pads is dance dance revolution AKA ddr. u can use the keypads for it but that jus takes the fun out of it all. i think the one u're talkin bout is busta groove; still fun but not as fun as ddr.