Clubplanet Nightlife Community

people have gone to the Twilo board

Why must it be a competition?

Some people enjoy the Twilo baord better because they spend most of their time there, Other people enjoy "clubs" in general or other parties which Twilo isn't associated with.

Chill Moefoes!!!

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pulsedriver:

Why must it be a competition?

Some people enjoy the Twilo baord better because they spend most of their time there, Other people enjoy "clubs" in general or other parties which Twilo isn't associated with.

Chill Moefoes!!!

nice smile smile.gif

------------------

party with a heart on

Tyco...all these things are lovely...but as pOOh said...what is new? Twilo cards? Had one 3 years ago...Comps...been around longer than that. He just made it accessible to the internet user. (Actually the cards before were even better! They were free!!!)

I also disagree with your previous post.

Originally posted by tyco:

it seems only the people who aren't involved are bitter and I guess that is understandable

Uhm...last I checked it was an open messageboard. So how can people be bitter if they are not involved? Everyone is welcome as far as I can tell. We choose to be involved....and to kiss ass.

Now in no way am I trying to put down the Twilo messageboard. I agree with everyone else here when they say it's a better system. One things for sure, it doesn't crash every 15min!! (mel-o-d -> The ClubPlanet PM's can do the same thing if you check the option to send you email)

And one last thing...

Originally posted by tyco:

they are simply giving back to us.......and people still get upset.......I don't get it.

I don't think upset is the word. Nobody is upset. I still like the twilo board. I think it has it's fair share of useful posts. It's MUCH less frustrating to use than CP's messageboard but the fact remains....it's nauseating.

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA

Originally posted by brandie:

Originally posted by uknjx2:

the majority of people on that board, and i'm not singling anyone out here, are all about how far they can crawl up twiloboss's butt. sorry but it's nauseating......

oooooooooooo twiloboss PLEASE let me do this and this for you.

twiloboss is laughing at them all . . . comps my ass.

ugh

luv,

brandie

you are hilarious!!

cwm29.gifcwm5.gifcwm5.gif

I'm still here, I just can't be bothered to post when the only replies are a lot of bullshit and something from Pete.

Honestly, I just can't stand the crap on this board. I was told a long time ago by a staffer at cnyc that they couldn't lock or delete threads or ban users because of legal issues. That's what makes this board shitty... too many idiots, trouble makers, and drama queens. I can't deal with the shit, I don't have that kind of time in my day, and life is too short.

At least over there, there's people around to shut up the idiots.

But I'm still here reading kids.

smile.gif

Originally posted by spoonyd:

I'm still here, I just can't be bothered to post when the only replies are a lot of bullshit and something from Pete.

Honestly, I just can't stand the crap on this board. I was told a long time ago by a staffer at cnyc that they couldn't lock or delete threads or ban users because of legal issues. That's what makes this board shitty... too many idiots, trouble makers, and drama queens. I can't deal with the shit, I don't have that kind of time in my day, and life is too short.

smile.gif

so now u're a bigshot twilo dj and u go no time for us idiots aye spoongy. fuck you spoongy, and fuck twilo, i'm never going back there again! and don't let me catch you on the streets either mr bigshot leopard lounge and/or twilo dj...

------------------

Upcomming gigs:

Fridays: Mac C's Dog House:Goa Trance

Saturdays: Swingpe's closet: Kush Kush Kush Kush...

Originally posted by MarioNY:

Tyco...all these things are lovely...but as pOOh said...what is new? Twilo cards? Had one 3 years ago...Comps...been around longer than that. He just made it accessible to the internet user. (Actually the cards before were even better! They were free!!!)

I never said the concept of Twilo cards or comps was a new thing at Twilo.......I mentioned them in an attempt to show that things are changing as of late......you say 3 years ago......that's exactly my point.......and they haven't been on sale since then.......just the fact that they have sold them once again shows that the club is picking up and improving since that time.......as I understand it, the club was great 3 years ago also.......

that's not even the point though......you say "he just made it accessible to the internet user"........once again, exactly my point.......wasn't this thread about the Twilo board, which is accessed by internet users.......I said that the message board stemmed many new things........I have gone to Twilo longer than the message board was around and I haven't seen VIP parties on big nights, DJ spinoffs, Wednesday "New Talent Series" Parties, etc. until the message board came about.......is that a coincidence or what? Either way, the Twilo board has made an impact on the clubbers and the club itself......isn't that what the topic is supposed to be about.......where have I gone wrong?

Uhm...last I checked it was an open messageboard. So how can people be bitter if they are not involved? Everyone is welcome as far as I can tell. We choose to be involved....and to kiss ass.

I know this........I meant those who don't choose to post actively aka kiss twiloboss's ass as you claim........like you say, we choose to be involved and it seems that many don't because they think it's all an ass-kissing contest.......that's my complaint, I have posted actively for some while and it's been worthwhile for me.......more importantly, I haven't kissed a slab of ass.......peeps insist on blowing it all out of proportion.......

I don't think upset is the word. Nobody is upset. I still like the twilo board. I think it has it's fair share of useful posts. It's MUCH less frustrating to use than CP's messageboard but the fact remains....it's nauseating.

You're right.......upset was probably the wrong word.......how about "opinionated".......which is fine......I just don't understand how peeps who think it's "nauseating" and "pathetic" even bother to read it enough to make such claims.......

smile.gif

------------------

"I don't want a piece....I want the whole thing....." - Bob Barker

p00h,

you suck.

I'm talking about the people who really are idiots.

I'm not a bigshot dj, I'm a littleshot engineer trying not to get fired. If I'm going to spend a little time on a message board during the day, I want to enjoy it and not have to wade through a whole lot of crap. Don't expect me or anyone to keep posting here for old time's sake.

smile.gif

YOU ARROGANT DICK-

cwm5.gifcwm5.gifcwm5.gifcwm5.gifcwm5.gif

smile.gif

YOU ARROGANT DICK-

smile.gif

YOU ARROGANT DICK-

Hey Mario, how's it going up there. I moved to the 9th floor now btw. wink.gif Oh, on the Twilo board, you don't have to sign up for email alerts. I'm not sure how it works, probably part of the cookies, but a white text message blinks on your page whenever you have a new PM, and it checks for new messages every time you go on a new page. It's really quite a nice feature. Later!

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

Hey Mario, how's it going up there. I moved to the 9th floor now btw. wink.gif Oh, on the Twilo board, you don't have to sign up for email alerts. I'm not sure how it works, probably part of the cookies, but a white text message blinks on your page whenever you have a new PM, and it checks for new messages every time you go on a new page. It's really quite a nice feature. Later!

One Word....LUNCH?

I'll call up Duane too. Email me!

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

Unfortunately, and much to my dismay, the Twilo board is quite whack IMHO.

Yes, Twilo is the best club in town with the best DJs in town, but there are other New York clubs and DJs worth talking about as well. If you mention a DJ or Club other than Twilo or the DJs it hires all you get is "(insert name of *other* club here) sucks, Twilo is the bestest club in the world and you're an idiot."

Those peeps don't know or care about the scene at all from what I've read there, only about Twilo.

The Twilo site, on the other hand is pretty phat, esp the digital version of the Twilo Magazine. Someone recommended reading Twiloboss's article about the state of the dance music community and it is extremely candid and right on, IMHO. Well worth checking out.

Twilo and it's site, yes, Twilo board, def no.

Hugs!

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

i agree with blueskygirl (btw, BSG, i wanna meet you because i was told i should have by now). Twilo IS everything great that is said about it on the Twilo board, but it doens't have to be repeated in every post. a few of those people must think shit is coke, the way they're forcing it up their noses

even Twiloboss has said there has been some shameless ass-kissing. personally, i love Twilo and on occasion i will praise it. but to be constantly exalting anything gets suspicious; if these people really believe Twilo is that great, why do they have to force everyone else to know what they think? it should be enough to know themselves, if they are confident of their thoughts. it's like any dumbass who constantly says they're smart, a great dancer, a badass, whatever. keep saying it and you will eventually convince everyone that you're full of shit

apparently the line between fierce devotion and pathetic grovelling is vague

there are definitely great points about the board. it has brought about all those great things tyco said. Twiloboss is definitely giving back a lot and rejuvenating the scene. it's just some posters who bore me

------------------

[img]http://glowballsig.gif|/img]

Originally posted by deanna11:

i agree with blueskygirl (btw, BSG, i wanna meet you because i was told i should have by now).

Funny, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago when I realized that we have a buncha mutual friends on the board and (I think)off... Perhaps at the spin-off Wednesday?

Hugs!

Melissa

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

the twilo board is set up way better than this one. you can pick you're aubject and write on it and you get an audience thats in tune to what you're saying specifically.

its for the twilo-heads, just like deeper for sf. you can discuss twilo all the time. i would think most of you would be happy for the shift, sparing you guys from all twilo talk, all the time.

as for everybody kissing tb's ass, thats true to some extent, but not everybody. but understand, he takes suggestions on how to make the club better, allows the hardcores to meet the dj's, comps them for the big shows, etc. i've met him and he's down to earth. dunno, don't see that treatment to other hardcore fans of other clubs. mostly, peeps are just thankful for being there and tb's generosity, so i can see where many may interpret that as ass-kissing. the regulars spend so much money on that club anyway, it's nice to see the club give back.

as with the vibe of the club, the messageboard is similar, very energetic and i think that's the draw, plus no pop-up ads.

------------------

party with a heart on

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how TB seems to need his ego stroked on a regular basis. It's gross. Some of the things he posts are so pathetic. One of my favorites is when someone sends him a private message that calls him on his shit and he has to publicly post it so he can have his puppets stick up for him. i.e. ----->http://www.twilo.com/cgi-bin/dboard/topic.cgi?forum=8&topic=51 I know I vomited after reading such nonsense.

------------------

Now let me see you work...

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

this post has turned to shit. d, i feel you...but everyone else is bashing it like its thier job. Tyco, i compleatley agree with you bro.

Al...people are just stating the obvious. There is a lot of ass kissing...maybe too much for certain people to stomach. I decided not to go further and start pointing to specific posts but as mspacman posted, there are examples. I'm sure twiloboss is doing a great job and putting in a lot of time to improve twilo for all of us but the fact remains...he has half the board members crawling up his ass. That's the only thing we're bashing....not the club, not the sound system, not the quality of the message board, just the ass kissing. What I can't understand is why are you trying to defend the obvious?

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

Mario, earnings season started today! Which means my MD is actually in the office for the next couple of weeks and I can't sneak off for lunch. frown.gif

Are you going to the dinner meetup this Friday? I haven't RSVP to Blueangel yet, but I think I'm going to go. See you there?