Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How is World in Astoria??

How's the music?

What kind of dress code?

Crowd?

What's the best night?

And if there's anything else I should know.

My friend lives near it and he and I were thinking about checking it out. Is it worth it for me to make the trek over the 59th st bridge???

Thanks cwm12.gif

its a very modern, 2 level place...its not that big though. Musik...as far as I remember it was all Greek. I think Joey was posting something about them bringing some house Dj in...not sure when that will happen. I'm pretty sure its 21+. People dressed nice...nice crowd.

Just my walk by opinion...I live right up the street from there...A VERY well-dressed Greek/Italian crowd. Seems like a bit much for Queens, velvet rope, valet parking, muscleheads in tuxes at the door. But, many beautiful people coming and going.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

LETS GO METS!!!

Originally posted by blueguy808:

Just my walk by opinion...I live right up the street from there...A VERY well-dressed Greek/Italian crowd. Seems like a bit much for Queens, velvet rope, valet parking, muscleheads in tuxes at the door. But, many beautiful people coming and going.

Wow dude! You live right up the street?

that's cool..

I live on the same street (Netwon Ave)

We should def chill sometime bro!

Yea and your right..World's Maaad guido..

It's a nice place inside though..

except everyone kept asking me if my streatched lobes hurt and I def fealt out of place..

It would be a cool place to try to rent for a night though and throw some crazy Trance party.. cwm35.gif

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by mugwump:

that's cool..

except everyone kept asking me if my streatched lobes hurt and I def fealt out of place..

It would be a cool place to try to rent for a night though and throw some crazy Trance party.. cwm35.gif

mad guido??? I didn't think so...its an older, well dressed, very good looking crowd. cwm11.gif

i wouldnt call it guido .. more greek than anything... on fridays is a brazilian night , which is doing so-so with tons of hot chicks , and saturday is their busy night, their "greek" night ... which means the music is half greek, half american pop-dance (rather ktu-ish, with some decent club tracks) and again shit loads of hot chicks . now what i suggest is going on a thursday, starting this week is going to be a weekly with chris the greek and friends ... not that chris teh greek is my fav DJ but he should play better music than they play now and the crowd should be pretty big, since they rae annoucing it on 92.7 during teh chris teh greek show ... so expect some guidos on thursdays and a mix of chicks from LI and queens ... but it should be a good night .... the dress code is no jeans/sneakers .,.. dress nice thats all , not super flashy, the staff is nice and attractive , the crowd is freindly , drink prices are reasonable and teh club is a good lookin joint with pretty good sound ... i think the cover is gonna be $10 which aint bad, specially since the place packs in the hotties .. =) ... i'm prob gonna stop by there this thursday and check it out , i'll post a review for ya if you dont go ... but if you dont have anything planned you might as welll stop by and check it out ... i think that sums it up if u wanna knwo anything else, ask ...

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

Thank's for the info!!

I'm not really concerned about the Greek aspect of it since I am Greek. My friend, however is Italian, but doesn't mind going to those kind of places.

Joey,

I'm not sure if I'll make it Thurs night b/c its rough gettin up Fri monring, but would really appreciate your review(if you don't wanna post it, you can just PM me).

Sounds to me like I'll be checkin it out. I'm always lookin for a change of scenery.

[This message has been edited by bionic (edited 04-17-2001).]

Originally posted by bionic:

Thank's for the info!!

I'm not really concerned about the Greek aspect of it since I am Greek. My friend, however is Italian, but doesn't mind going to those kind of places.

.]

you'll prob love it then ... i meani go on saturdays and have a great time ... the greeks love to be packed in the all squeeeeeeeeze in downstairs liek sardines .. i hang out up stairs where theres a lil more room and throw napkins off the balcony =)

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

Originally posted by mugwump:

that's cool..

Yeah, man. I'm up by the hospital...Astoria General or whatever those crazy kids are calling it nowadays...I'm hanging with pulsedriver before the Orb tonight, and meeting powerpuff and carabee I think. And me and xxlea are taking about a Queens crew meet up in Astoria. I'll probably be posting in the next day or so about that.

------------------

cwm42.gif

Peace,

-=808=-

.:J:.

LETS GO METS!!!

It's a beautiful space and the people are fun NO BIG NASTY GORILLA BOUNCERS. This is a love vibe same as all my parties. That is why we named it BACI (Kiss in Italian) See you all tonight.

PS be happy we are not chessy and charging you on a thurs. cwm12.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!