Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what happened at Twilo tonight?

Originally posted by deanna11:

heard there was some strange activity going down. was anyone there or does anyone know?

strange, but true. the perennially-ghetto-slash-twilo-groupie-chic-who-is-a-permanent-fixture-there is conspicuously missing from the scene. instead, she's on some clubbing board posting.

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

stalkers have a great memory. (not to mention resourceful)

fyi, as excerpted from http://www.nydailynews.com/2001-04-22/News_and_Views/City_Beat/a-108316.asp

Standing out on the street, three thick-bodied Irish boys press their faces against the tinted windows of an ambulance run by MetroCare, a private company. Their friend lies inside — an oxygen mask on his face.

"He was pretty much out cold for a while. He's been in there for 30 minutes," said a member of the group. "They should take him to a hospital."

The boys came from Boston to watch the Red Sox-Yankees game, but decided to bail in the seventh inning, with the Sox losing. Paying a $25 door fee, they eased into the Chelsea club and drank and danced and drank some more for four hours until one passed out.

"Four bouncers carried him out. One guy holding each limb," said Selman Mankovic, 22, a New York University film student.

After a few minutes, two pairs of cops appeared. They regularly cruise by the popular dance club and say they've grown accustomed to this drill. They said that no 911 call had been made.

As cops approached the ambulance yesterday, a Twilo staffer clicked off photos to document the incident.

"We care more than any other club in the city," the staffer told the cops.

The white and blue ambulance eventually rolled up W. 27th St. to Cabrini Medical Center. It was nearly 5 a.m.

Back inside, two deejays named Deep Dish continued to serve out music.

also, from "cheeks" http://160.79.181.80/ubb/Forum1/HTML/028400.html

I went on wednesday and security was the tightest I've ever seen it. Deep Dish, same deal. I was absolutely shocked at what I saw on sunday morning. I don't usually stick around for junior, not a big fan of roided out, stanky, stubbly 35 year olds rubbing their cocks against me. But this time I had girls to protect me and I wanted to hear junior so I decided to stay. Here's a little sample of what I saw:

Countless blatant drug transactions.

7 different people snorting coke off their hands in the middle of the dance floor.

But the worst was this...

I see a guy puking his guts out into a garbage in the lobby. He had friends with him, but all they were doing was rubbing his back and propping his head up. He then goes absolutely comatose. I have some emergency medical training so I went over to help the guy. His friends wouldn't tell me what he took. I could barely get a pulse off the guy so I assume it was GHB. After 15 minutes of watching his asshole friends try to pour gatorade down his throat I thought to my self "where the hell is security?!?!!" On friday there's like 4 guys in the lobby. I checked his pulse again, this guy was in BAD shape. I nearly begged his friends not to risk his life and get him to a hospital. they told me "oh he'll be fine". right.

I was not all that anxious to give this vomit-case mouth to mouth, so finally sought out a bouncer and got security involved.

don't ever say i don't do anything for ya

------------------

nessie1.jpg

"Nessie"

[This message has been edited by loch (edited 04-22-2001).]

hmmmm...What else is new!

I'm sure all those that ODed or went Commatose will sue the club for being neglijent..

and any one in the way that gets thrown out will post how terrible it is that clubbers are victims of harrasment..

But no one will actualy take it upon themselves to see that it's always the same fucks that don't know how to party that ruin the best dance floors in the city..

It's always the same old story and I've seen it happen again and again and...

(sigh)

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg