Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Has anyone read this book? I'm in the middle of reading it for my History class and have to write an essay on it for our final Exam. So far it is one of the best books I have read. Now I don't really read any books, and the books I'm usually supposed to read for class I don't. But I need to pass this class, so I'm gonna read this one all thru.

It won a Nobel Prize. Does anyone else think it's good, or is it my warped opinion since I don't usually read books? Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

OMG!! That's one of my all time fave books!!

Buenavida right?? Anyway, I strongly and highly recommend that you read it to the end. The ending creeped me out. Enjoy.

You should read his other books.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Yea I love that book too..it's like a Spanish Soap Opera on Telle mundo by David Lynch. I loved the scene with the blood

traveling down

the

street!

(Great book if you like the bizzare!)

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

Aliendnc.gif

"Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it"

Originally posted by xxlea:

Buenavida right?? Anyway, I strongly and highly recommend that you read it to the end. The ending creeped me out. Enjoy.

Close: Buendia. I'll try readin it to the end, it's 450 pgs which is long, but at least 2 peeps so far like it, so as long as you don't reveal that ending, I'll do my best. Peace.

------------------

Talkin 'bout what we gon' be when we grow up/I said what you wanna be? She said alive/It made me think for a minute then looked in her eyes/I coulda died....

I read a few yrs back, I think I still have the copy. I want to read it again but in spanish this time.

------------------

xlsig.jpg

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

I want to read it again but in spanish this time.

Damn, you can read that whole thing in Spanish? That's pretty impressive. It says he's from Colombia, so he must have wrote it in spanish and this is a translation. So I'm sure some words might not come across just right in the translation....

------------------

I read a few yrs back, I think I still have the copy. I want to read it again but in spanish this time.

Wow you read Spanish? Kewl!

Ever read Carlos Fuentes or Arjidis?

They are fathers of some very close friends of mine from when I use to live in Mexico!

DF has an amazing scene right now! Hay una buena honda sin nada de estos pedos que tiran los dramaticos de esta post board!

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

Aliendnc.gif

"Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it"

***"He looked at the groups of bystanders in front of the house and with his old stentorian voice, restored by a deep disgust with himself, he unloaded upon them the burden of hate that he could no longer bear in his heart.

"One of these days," he shouted, "I'm going to arm my boys so we can get rid of these shitty gringos!"***

100 Años de Soledad por Gabriel Garcia Marquez. One of the best Latin American authors out there... myabe the best of Colombia...

One of the best books I've read... eventhough I read it a couple of yrs ago, I still remeber many of it. I actually read it in High School, waay back.. and I remember enjoying it very much... I do suggest you go through the whole thing... as xxlea said.. u will be creeped out at the end! hehe

If you're into his stuff, I also recommend "Relato de un Naufrago" which translates to somn like "The Story of a survivor of a shipwreck".. not sure...

Now this looks like the Garcia Marquez Fanclub Msg boards!! hehehe

got a lil carried away there... hehehe

SO.... anyone comin out to Twilo this Friday?!!? (hehehe.. thought I'd bring the board back to topic!!)

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

s_shot%202.jpgsaloop2.gifs_shot8.jpg

Andre, this is one of those books I think every human being should read. And re-read... The end will blow you away and give you chills. It's like holy shit... I never saw it coming!

Enjoy.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Very good piece of literature, when one thinks "magical realism," one says "Cien Anos de Soledad. Read it 2x in English and once in Spanish. Marquez says the best translation is the english one.

If anyone thinks this is the best piece of literature ever though, keep on reading rainbows, you can do anything.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

-Nietzsche

[This message has been edited by bang_66_ (edited 04-26-2001).]