Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mugz tsunami review (where the hell where YOU guys?)

Man I've been to some preaty high enery parties but let me tell you..Tsunami this Friday took the Fuckn cake!

first of all to understand Goa (for those of you that might not know the difference between Trance and all it's forms and GOA TrRANCE..) it's veeery fast and very HARD!

Not Gabber hard or Happy hard core hard or deep like prog trance (Diggers Nu breed etc..) but it's hard in the sence that it dosent fuck around and kicks your ass with no builds (YES KIDDIES..Goa has hardly any builds and mellodies) and keeps you dancing with nooo breaks.

People that dance to Goa often look like they are moshing or doing that wierd ska dance that you sometimes see at D&B shows (you know the kind where you hop from foot to foot and punch the air)

Let's put it this way..If Trance could be compared to a film in atmosphere then Prog Trance would be Blade runner...where as Goa would be MAD MAX! (get the picture? OK good..)

No having said that let me tell you that Goa headz (the true Goa freaks) are somewhere between a Hippie and a scientist with no sence of color.

Goa is all bright neon (mostly so that the black light adds to the psychedelic effect of day glow..) and very Euro (though I met TONNNS of Israelese..logically since that's where the scene started..with them going to GOA to cut loose at beach parties)

But let me get back to the party (if you've actualy read me this far your like ALRIGHT MUGZ Jesus..I get it but how was the Fucking Tsunami Party..)

OFF THE HOOK!

Visuals blew me away..and may I add that World is one of the coolest fuckn places to trip on the millions of tv monitors that are found in every inch and crevis of the joint.

Tsunami was blasting amzing beats as 3-d animations filled the entire place with sci fi creatures and animated psychedelia.

almost every where you looked you saw someone staring at a monitor completely freaking out!

It was fucking beautifull. If that place could kick all the wrestling meet heads out that atend on weekends and be bought out by the Tsunami gang NY would have one of the most intense Goe clubs in the East coast (dare I say the US?)

The line up...well I'll be honest with you..as much as I love GOA in concept the DJs hardly ever reach Oakie status in fame (thus the beuty of it's yet underground nature)..

So endless to say I was abit confused as to who was spinning what when...That is until X dream came on and blew the place apart (minus one train wreck due to technical difficulties)

The crowd was amazing and people had NOOO attitude. I saw so many people hugging and dancing with huge chemicaly indused smailes and met many headz that where actual not on anything at all! (I my self drop two stackers and downed red bull..damn Caffein junkie!)

To make my already long post short I'll just say this:

Next time these guys throw another one of these in town. FORCE yourself to miss the usual monthly line up at club so and so and try for something different!

You might not regret it if you go there with an open mind and an open heart..and LOTS of energy..cuz you WILL NOT be able to stop dancing!

*oh and they even had a "chill out" room where I heard everything from the ORB to realy amazing chunky breaks..Great stuff!

My only regret was:

THAT I DIDN'T SEE ANYONE!!

where the fuck was everyone........?

I must have asked like the entire floor if they'd ever heard of Club P.

(well then Iagain I might just have brought in some Goa to the boards...kewl!)

cwm1.gif

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

"Cartoons are the real deal. I think humans are the FAKES!"

oh and as an after thought..Props to the security.

The door man was the coolest fucking guy with the "FUCK GULIANI" T-shirt!

Tsunami has balls for throwing such shinanigans in the middle of Guliani terretory.

Walking out in the morning and seeing the JUMBO Tron with the news and the mayor was the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen walking out of a club.

Any one else have anything to add?

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

Ya that party was great.. I was a little worried at first that it was in a wwf venue but that place definately rocks

My only complaint is that drinks are so expensive, I spent around 50 on red bull smile.gif

Its good to see that more people are realizing how much better/fun the goascene is

Jesus where was everyone? I told Lexxi that I'd be in front of the DJ booth at 2:00 am but I kinda lost track of time and got around to looking for her at around 3:00.

Did any one notice a really short goofy looking character with a black visor, Goatee and black vest..(yea I Know..I was all in black not very GOA of me huh?)

I was dancing with a blond girl all night by the stage and near the back of the floor with Green photon lights and orange sticks.

any one see a MUGWUMP like that?

(Next time I'm writing "MUGZ" in day glow paint colors on my visor..)

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg

Mugz - I repeat my question where is this club - tsunami?

When do they play goa - once a month - everyweek??

------------------

I put forth a generall inclination of all mankind, a perpetuall and restless desire of power after power, that ceaseth only in death. Hobbes

crobra.bmp

Yea man sorry..I've been napping and going to the park all day with my dog.

Tsunami IS an organisation and the next Party is May 11.

YOU HAVE TO COME THOUGH!!

Sun Project is "playing" (yes live instrument Trance with drums and guitars..very cool!)

and if we are lucky they will appear in Alien costumes like last time at Mars 2112.

(sorry for the late response Corbra)

M~!

------------------

Mugwumpeyes02.jpg