Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ANYONE GO 2 BEDLAM?

Guest SHAWN

Guest SHAWN

AS I MADE MY WAY TO DOORS @ BEDLAM ON SAT. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE A SIGN ON THE WINDOW SAYING THEY DIDN'T GET THEIR LIQUOR LICENSE, THERE WAS NO SMOKING ALLOWED AND THAT THE CLUB WAS CLOSING AT 2AM. I GOT 3 COMPS FOR MY CREW AND WE WENT IN AND CHECKED OUT WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE U.S. WHAT I FOUND WAS A.C. COPS PATROLLING THE DANCEFLOOR AND MORE BOUNCERS THAN ANY OF US CLUBBERS. ALL THAT PLACE IS IS A BIG OPEN GYM-LIKE FLOOR. WHAT A BUST! WE LEFT AND WENT TO DE JA VU. WHAT A TERRIBLE CROWD WAS IN THAT PLACE ALSO. NEXT TIME I'M STICKING WITH NYC & TEMPTS......

I was there, didn't go in though. Didn't even bother to go to DejaVu, that place is a little hole in the wall who got lucky that night because Bedlam bombed. But we talked to some people outside that said despite what happened, they spent a lot of money making this place really nice on the inside...Shawn, what did it look like, how was the music?

Guest SHAWN

IT WAS A BIG OPEN GYM FLOOR WITH DECENT LIGHTING AND SOUND. THEY WERE SELLING POPCORN AND WATER. THERE WERE LITERALLY MORE COPS IN THERE THAN PEOPLE. IT WAS SO SHADY! I THINK A.C. IS TRASHY. ALL THE $$$ DOWN THERE, AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR WALKING THROUGH A GHETTO.

------------------

got there at 1230, heard it had no liquor license and it was closing at 230 so i decided not to go in. its a shame really, cause there was a ton of people there (all of them were outside though).

lets hope they get their liquor license soon and the cops calm down a bit.

perhaps AC isnt a place for a club...especially one of that size. i say stick to the shore places (temps, DJ's...etc.) instead until this place gets their act together.

------------------

Guest SHAWN

IT ALL HAD TO DO W/ POLITICS SINCE THE GUY WHO OWNS STUDIO 6 IS ON THE BOARD IN AC. I GUESS THE OWNERS FROM BEDLAM WEREN'T PAYING OFF THE RIGHT PEOPLE SO THEY SCREWED THEM LAST MINUTE.

------------------

• 3 weeks later...

That exactly what happened. They had that planned from the get go. I dont see Bedlam filling 10000 people there every weekend in AC anyway. I wanted to go to Studio that night when I heard about Bedlam but I was dragged to Deja Vu instead. They played the most mainstream shit I ever heard. I could have DJ'd that place with my cd's at home from last year. Studio's plays the best music down the shore anyway.

That exactly what happened. They had that planned from the get go. I dont see Bedlam filling 10000 people there every weekend in AC anyway. I wanted to go to Studio that night when I heard about Bedlam but I was dragged to Deja Vu instead. They played the most mainstream shit I ever heard. I could have DJ'd that place with my cd's at home from last year. Studio's plays the best music down the shore anyway.