Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Abyss last night

Considering it was my first time there, it was ok. I brought a friend along (another fellow NYer) and she didn't believe me that there is a club in Jersey that could be packed on a Wednesday night. As we made our way down from Jersey City listening to DT Global Underground (of course) in the car, we prepared ourselves to be entranced in an "Abyss" of music to dance the night away. The club was very easy to find and as we approached the club @ around 11:00 PM, there was hardly a long wait to get in. Once inside, I was taken aback a bit by a wall of cool lights that brought memories of club Life in NYC. As we walked in and made our way to the back, we were somewhat suprised that there hardly any people on the dance floor. We decided to "start" the party so we just went around the white sheer curtains onto the small dance floor. The music was ok, I really wasn't into too much of the vocals and stuff but I decided hey I am here and I am going to enjoy it. It was a little sad there weren't too many older guys on the dance floor. We spent most of our time enjoying the cool air from one side of the dance floor. The music in the basement could have been a little better if it was keeping true to the name of being a hip-hop room. For a sec, I felt I was at a house party and another time @ the likes of Webster Hall. To cut my review short, overall I had a decent time. The house music upstairs had a little too much vocals and Baez was ok. The sound system though could have been better (maybe having some speakers on the floor for a true bass effect) and the snow effect was pretty cool. I would probably re-visit Abyss but not on Wednesday. Its not worth being crazy tired the next day @ work.

See y'all @ Tempts Sat!

------------------

Tutto e possibile!