Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IS ABYSS A DONE DEAL OF WHAT?????

All I have heard about abyss recently is that it is no good and that the music is even worse. Then I here that the club is packing in cheesy people. The funny thing is that I here this from dancers and bartenders that work at this place. Also is it true that Kosta and the Dmitry who I think are the owners were at metro lounge last week? Well not to start a fight or anything but maybe Abyss is just as cool as it once was. But then again was it ever cool? Well if any of you have any concrete info regarding the demise of Abyss please drop me a line. Oh and by the way dont start yelling about all the great djs that will be at Abyss in the coming weeks because I doubt that the people that go their care or even know who the are...

abyss is turning into half a ghetto club now. if anyone else is one of the LUCKY 100,000 people to get the new pass like i was, be honored. havent been there in months but i might strap on the cavariccis and blach reebok, revv up the iroc z and go down there with my boyz. oh wait, i aint from staten island. transitboy, my fellow guido-loves paul's in boston and is pretty big for bar a!!

when i left exit sunday morning, i saw one of the owners of abyss, the taller and older one, outside exit with another guy and two girls. they were waiting outside freezing their asses off. it was about 7am or so. they have been to exit a couple of times that i've seen them

rave girl... were talking about jersey, so yes obviously i get out and if we're talking about 'clubs' then i define clubs as the big venues.. abyss, hunka bunka, tempts, etc. what is your definition of a club and what is your preference? (it's all a matter of opinion, again this is an open forum)

------------------

MUSIC MAKES THE PEOPLE COME TOGETHER ...Madonna 2000

Originally posted by jarmenio:

Abyss is awesome!!!

i suppose you would say that, afterall don't you promote for them.......

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Lightinggirl,

Yes I do promote for abyss but I went there as a customer for 2 years before I started promoting and always had a better time there then anywhere else in Jersey.

listen.....i'm trying to knock Abyss....they run a business and i think that alot of people are just jealous, personally.....it's def. not my choice of clubs to spend time at....but those guys do bring in some names and do RUN a business successfully....at least as far as i can see......what else do you expect to find in Sayreville, anyway?

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Lightinggirl,

I hear ya, everyone has there right to there own opinion. No offense taken here. Where are you headed this weekend?

not sure yet.........gotta bartend Saturday afternoon.probably decide after that....got a party to go to in the City........how about you?

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Abyss tonight(of course) LOL Tomorrow night not sure. May take a break from the city. I have gone like 3 Saturday's in a row. Where do you usually go?

personally, i don't care for Abyss at all...just my opinion.....too young of a crowd and the music is played out there.....i usually go to see Junior at Twilo after 5 AM on Sunday mornings.....Fridays...Vinyl w/ Danny Tenaglia.....i like Carl Cox...Dave Seaman, Seb Fontaine....those guys........i like it more underground and less of a meat market...and if the club is 18+...forget about it....now way!!!!!.......just my opinion...there are lots who don't care for my choice in clubs either.......have a great weekend.........honestly.....i am sticking to more of the lounge scene now...getting too old for the clubs........

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Guest ravegirl

ok Ducati- this is a nj forum so i really shouldn't talk about city clubs- but that's where i choose to go if i go clubbin- considering i live in north jersey it is much more convenient for me to go to the city rather than trek down to central jersey to go to what i feel are shit-hole clubs- Once again just my opinion... I just feel like it is a waste of time and money to go to abyss or bunkas- not to mention (once again just my opinion) the scene and the people are pure cheeeeezzzz-

eeeewwww no thanx not for me

cwm8.gif

but more power to you if you dig that scene... to each his own