Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 3-some debate

resident

Hey y'all, this is only if you're bored...

If you never read the Savage Love column in the Voice, you're missing out on serious fun. (Non-NYers are forgiven; it's a "letters to the editor" column).

Anyway, a while ago there was a blurb where a guy married a woman on the condition that she'll have a threesome with him, and in exchange, he'll marry have kids with her (a very strange deal to begin with, but I digress). So the story goes on - the guy marries the woman, has kids, now comes her turn to hit the sheets with hubby and the other gal, and she sells out. The man is upset, writes to The Voice, blah blah blah, and Dan Savage, in his infinite wisdom, says, "Well pal, sounds like you got a raw deal, my advice to you is to cheat on your wife, satisfy your threesome itch, and move on".

The story is here:

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0041/savage.shtml

As you can imagine, this unleashes the fury of people out there, and they flood Dan with mail of their own, compelling him to write a postscriptum on the matter. In which, he defends his position and discusses a few other things. That story is here:

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0043/savage.shtml.

Of which, both have some form of entertainment value, but if you all were particularly bored and felt like making your own comments, why don't you - I bet it would make for an interesting exchange.

Here, I go first: In my opinion, Dan's right - the man made a deal, sacrificed his bachelorhood, married the woman and made her procreate (oh my), and never got his end of the deal. This is unfair even though some may consider the idea of a threesome gross and unworthy of due process. So yes, it would be okay for the guy to seek the magic 3 outside the marriage. BUT, and this is something that amuses me most about this story - what kind of a fucking imbecil would make a deal "OK, I'll marry you, but only if you have a threesome later"? I mean... duh! I'm not sure whether that's naive or stupid or drug-induced or all of the above. Jeez... some people don't get out much.

Anyway... have fun.