Clubplanet Nightlife Community

boy george

Guest danwang

Turnout seemed pretty good, but there was more empty space than I'm used to seeing.

Seemed to be a good vibe too. BG's song selection, though pretty much all house, was quite good.

What amazes me is that he pretty much does all his mixing with one hand. He uses his left hand to hold one cup (folded out) of the headphones to his left ear, and does the rest with his right hand - controlling both of the faders (unless Twilo has 3 decks and he's using all of them) as well as making pitch adjustments to the records. Are any of you DJ's (bedroom types [like me these days] included), or know about how they do what they do? If so, do you happen to do it this way, or do you also find it interesting?

I can see how it would be hard to wear the band around the top of his head (as most DJ's do), with the big hat he wears... maybe he should try doing it like Paul Oakenfeld. http://www.soundfactoryboston.com/celeb/cp/oak01.htm

Did anyone know how late he spun until? I left at around 2:15, shortly after he played David Morales' "Needin U 2". I would have liked to stay longer, but I had to work the next morning, and my gf (who also had to work) sorta wanted to leave. If Rauhoffer took over, how late did the event go? Was it PR who opened? I liked that stuff as well.

I've heard that places in other US cities where BG spun were well packed. I could imagine things being like that at Twilo as well if it were on a Friday or Saturday.

Yeah that was Peter that opened for him. I know people that left around 4am or so to answer your question.

I bolted around 2:15 or so.

Totally worth the money. Great time and looking forward to hearing him again in NYC.

addaboy