Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who here has a double personality for music like me?

posted 03-20-2001 01:36 PM

WEll...I tend to be incredibly manic in mood swings and if you've ever seen my record

collection you'd agree. My influences stem from a much older and nerdier eclectic

mess..Kraftwerk, Jazz, New wave, space Rock and Dub..however I tend to have a plit

personality these days..half of me..(let's call it the "mug" side) loves brainy techy stuff

like Aphex Twins, Mouse on mars,The Orb, Plaid..and more down tempo late night smoking

shit: DJ Shadow,Unkle,Ninja Tunes stuff, Massive attack..etc, etc, etc..(This includes

more abstract faster breaks and even Jungle..although I must say I CAN NOT keep

dancing to it all night..Once I tried keeping up the fast trebble beats and ended up

throwing up. The key to dancing to D&B is to alternate between the slow rythm and the

fast breaks. That way you last all night..but that is another thread. in any case I prefer

more "intelligent" D&B..alla' LTJ BUKEM))

The other side of me ( I will call this the "WUMP" side) loves really fluffy Trance and

4/4,Big Beat,Tech House,Funky Breaks and even some acid house once in a while for

nostalgic sake. Point is i love to dance! It's the ULTIMATE form of release for me..and

electronic music moves my mind and body like no other sound can these days. It all

depends what side of myself is dominating my brain. Today I am a MUG!! And digging Nick

Waren's Amsterdam..is this guy great or what?!!

can't wait till FRI..TWILO! SEE ALL OF YAS there....(hopefully I won't throw up from the

excitment..)

*this is from a previouse thread. cwm35.gif

I dunno if I have a double personality... more like a serious case of Musical Schizophrenia! lol... I love so many different kinds of music -- I feel that there's a type of music to suit any mood, situation, whatever... I can't imagine what my life would be if I didn't have jazz to chill me out, angry chick rock to quell my frustrations, reggae and hip-hop to just have fun with, salsa to forge a connection to my roots... you get the idea. Also, I find that I can use music to trace back to just about every great experience in my life. I remember what song was playing when things happened and I know you can all relate to the feeling I get when I hear a song I used to love long ago and it takes me back -- to the point where I might even randomly know all the words... lol For instance, I can remember that in 2nd grade, I'd always sing "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles with my friends when we were in line in the school cafeteria... Or this past Summer when Al, Erm, and I started going out clubbing every weekend, we'd ride out laughing our heads off listening to "Big Pimpin", "The Wave" and "Twisted Heat" as the car would bounce and sway... there are too many instances to recall, of course, but you get the idea...

For me, music is an integral part of life itself -- since so many experiences occur, it only makes sense that there would be various works to suit them all...

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

With out music, I'd be dead. I love all kinds, metal, trance, classical, jazz...I play, write, live, breathe, sleep music. this isn't really a double personality thing, but I there's definitely more to me than just one kind of music, each one bringing out a diff. side of me.

------------------

"Evolve until you become Life..." GB.