Clubplanet Nightlife Community

are you bias when it comes to electronic music also?

in late 92, 93 it was hardcore TECHNO 24 7

LimeLight every fucking Friday FUTURESHOCK with an occasional Storm

lenny dee

repete

frankie bones

peter the great

Back then I wouldn't even attend a party unless one hardcore dj was involved

in 94 to 95 it was acid and techno (But sumthing new came into the mix Hardcore Gabber House!)

going to raves by Cannibus Action, Twr, Park Rave and Dennis The Menace listening to

Adam X

Ralphie Dee

Frankie Bones

Rob Gee

Joey Beltram

Damon Wild

Juan Atkins

Ritchie Hawtin, spastik (that fucking helicopter song did me in!)**never saw him spin till recently

Dano

Charlie Lownoise and Mental Theo

etc...

**I could go on for days

96 it was all techno Fuck The Rest. I even stopped listening to hip hop?

now i find myself in my car listening to deep dish, eric morrilo, Frankie Bones, Rage Against The Machine, pulling out an old Diamond D album and going to places like centro fly?

One thing though...

sorry to the people who enjoy this music but I just don't understand jungle and happy hardcore?

------------------

Ruffnecksticker2s.jpg

ahh those were the days. all i listened to was techno back then. mostly hardcore and acid. i also don't understand the whole jungle and happy hardcore thing.

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

every man dies not every man lives.

AOL J303J

i love the hard core house, when they had that at the tunnel i used to live in the upstairs room

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

I wasn't in NY at that time but I was partying in Toronto and being so close to detroit I was submerged in Detroit Techno. Richie Hawtin is a god in the scene! Techno and DnB are where its at! You guys must not have heard good Jungle because it definately exists. HH, wellllll Happy Hardcore is pretty bad but it is big in TO right now. Can't explain that one....

------------------

piss.gif

Forget the gold I want the pot at the end of the rainbow...

I dislike all hardcore, but happy hardcore is particularly ridiculous.

And I, too, will never understand the whole jungle thing- and I know I have heard good jungle. I've been to parties where everyone around me was losing their mind and just gettin' down to the drum n' bass, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

ok, I dislike Happy Hardcore and Hardcore... i just think it's rubbish.

But on the Jungle front... not too keen on it (i do like D&B though).

Matt

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

I tend to like jungle -- I just tend to feel it... As far as Happy Hardcore, I feel like a spastic bunny when i dance to it.. cwm31.gif

- Cuban B -

------------------

meli.jpg

"This is not political - it's just that I demand attention when I walk into the room..." -- Nelly Furtado

AIM: MeliChaCha

WEll...I tend to be incredibly manic in mood swings and if you've ever seen my record collection you'd agree. My influences stem from a much older and nerdier eclectic mess..Kraftwerk, Jazz, New wave, space Rock and Dub..however I tend to have a plit personality these days..half of me..(let's call it the "mug" side) loves brainy techy stuff like Aphex Twins, Mouse on mars,The Orb, Plaid..and more down tempo late night smoking shit: DJ Shadow,Unkle,Ninja Tunes stuff, Massive attack..etc, etc, etc..(This includes more abstract faster breaks and even Jungle..although I must say I CAN NOT keep dancing to it all night..Once I tried keeping up the fast trebble beats and ended up throwing up. The key to dancing to D&B is to alternate between the slow rythm and the fast breaks. That way you last all night..but that is another thread. in any case I prefer more "intelligent" D&B..alla' LTJ BUKEM))

The other side of me ( I will call this the "WUMP" side) loves really fluffy Trance and 4/4,Big Beat,Tech House,Funky Breaks and even some acid house once in a while for nostalgic sake. Point is i love to dance! It's the ULTIMATE form of release for me..and electronic music moves my mind and body like no other sound can these days. It all depends what side of myself is dominating my brain. Today I am a MUG!! And digging Nick Waren's Amsterdam..is this guy great or what?!!

can't wait till FRI..TWILO! SEE ALL OF YAS there....(hopefully I won't throw up from the excitment..)

Good question!

I must admit i am for certain things, but i have such an eclectic taste in music i am pretty good.

I have to say i have never got happy Hardcore (apart for as drug music <--- there you go bias!) and i got in to the fluffy trance when i was in Ibiza, but again i got home and when i bought loads of tracks and listend when not under the influence i quickly went off them.

But my biggest mistake was UK speed garage (not the 2 step stuff), i was well in to that (because one of my big loves if proper soulfull garage house), but it's all crap. Listen to it 10 times and the novelty of the wobbly base goes very quickly.

But i carn't really say i am biased when i love, House, garage, Prog house, Techno (minimal & industrial), a little pop, i have nearly every Motown track ever released at home, i love Burt Bacherach, Elvis costello, the Beatles, stones, Goa & Psycadelic Trance, Tribal.. i love hard, hard rock. Just about everything i can have a great night out on it all, i couldn't go and listen to the same stuff all the time... that would bore me to death.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

One thing though...

sorry to the people who enjoy this music but I just don't understand jungle and happy hardcore?

Don't understand?

Jungle is chaotic and has a breakbeat of 160 BPM with the bassdrum on half speed.

Happy Hardcore, also known as 4-Beat is a style of techno music that is very fast and very bouncy, extremely high-energy.

cwm43.gif

Originally posted by junglekittn:

Don't understand?

Jungle is chaotic and has a breakbeat of 160 BPM with the bassdrum on half speed.

Happy Hardcore, also known as 4-Beat is a style of techno music that is very fast and very bouncy, extremely high-energy.

cwm43.gif

I think old man river over there knows what they are etc but doesn't "get" it...

cwm13.gif

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com

I forgot I posted this thread

old man river?

i'm 24

I have to admit I own DJ Rap's album learning curves, but I really don't consider that jungle.

also there was this one outlaw party i attended in harlem with odi, karl k, ??? dunno that many jungle djays to have it stuck in my head, I did give it a chance and enjoyed it at first, odi started to play hip hop tracks w/ a fast breakbeat then after that it all started to sound the same.

jungle had a decent underground scene going on when it first came out in New York. but now it's played at every rave throughout this country

------------------

Ruffnecksticker2s.jpg

Im a slut when it comes to electronic music, from the toonz gonzo mentioned right thru the spectrum, it's all good......if i have a bias it's away from cheese, but that's a gimme cwm32.gif

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com