Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BRITISH INVASION....

Does anyone agree with me here??

I feel that the next British invasion will be an increased popularity in rave/club music and the club scene. Think about it... vinyl sales are soaring in the UK, and the club/rave scene in Europe is extremely popular. Trends in Europe tend to eventually carry over to the U.S., do you think that this will be the next big thing to hit our shores?

------------------

Is it Friday yet???

Originally posted by j303j:

bueller!

lol that's what I say

in terms of creative output and performance the US of A is up there with the best of 'em, my top 10 dee jays in the world being to heavy with americans....in terms of pervasiveness of the scene into popular culture it has a loooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg way to go to catch up with even those nations and cultures who trail Europe but are still (relatively) ahead of here

------------------

If only he'd use his power for good instead of evil............... boa_boy@yahoo.com

Totally agree...it has a long way to go yet, but I'm sure that I'll see you at the top.

"If it has only just begun, then let us all lend a hand to lay the foundation for the palace that is our new Empire. And when it is finished let us sit on the thrones and rule this new world."

------------------

I have never known beauty like yours before...with eyes of the most perfect blue, and a form that speaks of poetry. And now here I hold you in my arms...

umm..did you just realize that now?

The invasion has been here for quite some time.

Trance didn't just land in Twilo with Sasha and Digweed y'know. But to be honest with you the US has it's own take on Techno too.

In fact Chicago house was the great grand daddy of trance. so it's not like something the brits invented.

They just got the influences from the US and repackaged it to sell to the"yanks" years later in a different format.

We have pleanty of our own shit that they sweat as well. (Danny Taneglia, Frankie Bones, Heather Heart, Moby, Keoki, Junior Vasquez, etc, etc...)

All the Brooklyn crew and chicago techno scene is admired much like we admire their artist.

However in Europe in many countries techno and trance was already main stream about five or six years ago (try ten in London and Italy)

It just has taken the meet heads, guidoes, gumbas, hooches and secretaries here in the US longer to catch on to what those weird kids with the big baggy pants and piercings where up to for all these years.

The British invasion is there for those that just recognized it ..but it's coming from our own turff as well..

Believe you me, there are two people in Texas jamming to both a Junior Vasquez CD and a Oakenfold CD at the same time~

spooky thought huh!

[This message has been edited by mugwump (edited 03-27-2001).]