Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Platoon...

nothing beats a great war movie...

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

i agree have you ever seen apacolypse now. one of my fav movies. great lien from the movie, " i love the smell of napalm in the morning" i can watch that movie over and over.

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pappa's been smooth since the days of underoos!!!!

AOL J303J

the scene w/ william dafoe running out of the forrest and falling to his knees is so powerful..

and the big final battle where tom berenger has that look in his eyes right before they nap the place..

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

scream.gif

Platoon, def one of my all time favorite movies and one of the best Vietnam movies ever made...Do you know what kind of uproar was made when that movie was released, just about 10 years after the end of the Vietnam War...

------------------

tinkerbell.gif

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Originally posted by translucent:

Gotta get "Saving Private Ryan" and "The Thin Red Line" on DVD with DTS and a large-screen TV.

still havent' scene the thin red line..

heard it wasn't good...

------------------

scream.gif

Platoon...Yes

Apoccalypse Now...Yes

Saving Private Ryan...Yes

Johnny Got His Gun...Yes

Thin Red Line?...ZZZZZ...It's not even fair to put it in the same category, and I really wanted to like it. I was very dissapointed.

"S. O. S. Kill me" Johnny Got His Gun

cwm12.gifcwm42.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

still havent' scene the thin red line..

heard it wasn't good...

Ok, I guess I shouldn't lump "The Thin Red Line" in the same category as the other movies. It wasn't a true ass-kickin war movie as much as a mediocre existential drama with the war as a backdrop. The reason I suggested it is that the cinematography has a beautiful surrealism to it (especially if you happen to watch it on DVD+DTS+large-screen) that makes it worth renting.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

FULL METAL JACKET ,that drill sergeant was a friggin classic ball busta.but PRivate Pyle took care of him.and how bout that scene where they hold pyle down and the rest of the unit whales on him with bars of soap in a sock OUCH!!

Originally posted by translucent:

Ok, I guess I shouldn't lump "The Thin Red Line" in the same category as the other movies. It wasn't a true ass-kickin war movie as much as a mediocre existential drama with the war as a backdrop. The reason I suggested it is that the cinematography has a beautiful surrealism to it (especially if you happen to watch it on DVD+DTS+large-screen) that makes it worth renting.

You might have a point there about Thin Red Line, but I still expected it to be better considering the cast.

Peace,

-= J =-

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

the scene w/ william dafoe running out of the forrest and falling to his knees is so powerful..

and the big final battle where tom berenger has that look in his eyes right before they nap the place..

i think i woke up from my nap for that first one . . . maybe you smacked me cause i was droolin again wink.gif

lol

luv,

brandie

------------------

brandiefinal.jpg

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Nothing will ever Rival "The Deer Hunter." Superb performances all around, and that movie really put Christopher Walken on the map as a good actor.

"The Thin Redline" wasn't that bad, but I expected a bit more considering the powerhouse cast.

Brian Depalma's "Casualties of War" is another classic; Sean Penn is excellent.