Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*For you what's that one song that makes you think of your first roll

Is there a one song that comes on that just makes you smile and think of when you first did e and when you were new to the club scene? For me it's Alice Deejay "Better off Alone"... i know i know i'm new to the club scene... but i'm sure i'm not the only one that experiences that wiht a song... what's yours??? Lulu cwm12.gifcwm9.gifcwm3.gif

***Luna's <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> for SF/Exit Fridayz***

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheesily enough, it's Cher's "Believe." It wasn't out yet when I first swallowed a vowel. Nevertheless, since I first started rolling in SoBe and that song was overplayed there for the next few years, I associate it with SoBe and hence with my first roll.

------------------

translucent_figure.gif

If I remember correctly, the first time I rolled was to Frankie Bones 101. The song, or collection of songs that I get that "feeling" back is whenever I listen to Tranceport by Oakie...AHHHHHH BLISSSSS!!!!

cwm41.gif

------------------

Carlos

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it truely is, infinite." -William Blake

Ok, I dont honestly remember the song that makes me think of my first roll, because I was on a beach in jersey, nor do I remember a song for the second time I rolled where I was at Exit and completely out of my mind. The one thing that sticks out in my mind when I droped a vowel for the second time was you know those big tv screens they have at Exit, well I looked up, and Bruce Lee was on the screen, and he turned at looked at me, and started calling my name. HAHAHAHA!!!!

-Scotty-

------------------

"I nEeD a SpIrIt WhO cAn ToUcH mY LiFe, I nEeD a VoIcE tO sPeAk tHe TrUtH, i NeEd A sOuL wHo WiLL bE oN mY sIdE, i NeEd A hEaRt i'LL nEvEr LoSe, SoMeOnE LiKe YoU... sOmEbOdY LiKe YoU....SoMeOnE LiKe yOu...SomEoNe LiKe yOu.....I NeEd SoMeBoDy WhO CaN MoVe My WoRLd, SoMeOne WhO kNoWs JuSt WhAt To Do, SoMeOne LiKe YoU..."
scotty.jpg

AOL:DaFiRmPrEz

Definitely SANDSTORM....aww what a lovely night of kissing!

------------------

alcheshire_cat.gif

*...have the ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide.*-Ed Norton-Fight Club

[This message has been edited by duckets (edited 03-27-2001).]

Try as I might I cannot remember any songs I heard the first night I rolled... but there are a few remixes that bring me back to those first few months of rolling:

-100% Pure Love by Crystal Waters

-Another Night, Another Dream by the Real McCoy

-Secret by Madonna (mmm mmm somethin's coming over meeeeeee...)

------------------

I never try anything, I just do it... Wanna try me?

pussycat.jpg

[This message has been edited by tastyt (edited 03-27-2001).]

Originally posted by dznyc:

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

damn I have a lot ..anything by Frankie Bones, Corbett or Gonzo....

Yeah bebe, Corbett and Gonzo.....fellow LL junkie. I'm on the same boat with you. Three songs really kick into my mind:

1- Divas to the Dancefloor

2- Don't laugh

3- Witch Doctor

Wow......now that i think about it, it was insane.

yep yep.. Gosh I miss those days ! even the rolls were better back then...

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

It wasn't my first roll ever, but the song that houses the most nostalgia is "My love is your love" by Whitney Houston. I was with my best friend and we were off our rockers. The song came on the radio and it sent such a chill through both of us at the same time. Sounds kooky--but it was such a bonding moment! Every time either of us here it now we call each other! I guess that makes it worth it!

been clubbing for a looong time..however..didn't roll till 98...

I will absolutely never forget it...

"the build up" by R&G

now..i HATE that song...and let me tell you..it is quite scary..on the tunnel sound system full blast with the lights flashing exactly..as your first pill ever is hitting you..

forever I will get a chill just thinking about that song...

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

i woudl have to go with vampie anything by frankie bones. damn gonzo and corbett at LL. i lived at LL between 92 and 96. the old skool moons they had there were the best. divas to the dance floor i havent heard that in years. i wish those days coudl come back.

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pappa's been smooth since the days of underoos!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by tastyt:

Originally posted by vampienyc10:

yep yep.. Gosh I miss those days ! even the rolls were better back then...

They really were!!!

I'd take one and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD...that's all I needed for the entire night..

No wonder people overdose now a days...lol

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com