Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Read anything good lately?!

I'm soooooooooo bored! I need a good book to read. I just read Girl, Interrupted for the 5th time and now I need something else good to read.

No sci fi, and I'm not really in a mystery or horror kind of mood, and no **cheesy** love stories please!

So what out there is good?

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Right now I'm reading Mr. Nice...I'm only about 100 pages in...but its fucking great. Its the autobiography of Howard Marks...the biggest European hashish smuggler...the guy had something like 49 aliases...its rediculous...

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places,I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

currenly reading "BUMS" a book about the Brooklyn Dodgers.

The other book i read recently was Glue by Irvine Welsh which was alright and certainly deserves a read.

Mattt

------------------

paint_promo2.jpg

Stones Roses - Paint Promo

AIM: mattarrundale1

Right now I'm reading Monkey Business by Peter Troob and John Rolfe...it's a hilarious look inside investment banking. A really good read, and a change from "love stories." smile.gif

------------------

=)

reginadp121@aol.com

If you wanna read a really good paperback check out Michael Crichton's "Timeline".. Really good book! I know they'll make a movie based on it too and I can't wait smile.gif And also Dean Koontz's "False Memory" I think it's called.. Lemme check the name..

Yep, that's it, False Memory.. Both books will keep you reading for hours smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 06-05-2001).]

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

If you wanna read a really good paperback check out Michael Crichton's "Timeline".. Really good book! I know they'll make a movie based on it too and I can't wait smile.gif And also Dean Koontz's "False Memory" I think it's called.. Lemme check the name..

Yep, that's it, False Memory.. Both books will keep you reading for hours smile.gif

false memory sounds familiar, what's that about?

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Hey Mysteriousss, I work for Random House Inc. and Koontz, Grisham, and Crichton are all our authors. I loved Timeline, definitely worth checking out.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by dznyc:

Hey Mysteriousss, I work for Random House Inc. and Koontz, Grisham, and Crichton are all our authors. I loved Timeline, definitely worth checking out.

Nice.. I love those 3 smile.gif I think I read most of their stuff over the last few years..

Just read, The Texas Seven. It is about the 7 men who broke out of prison last year and lived on the run for about 6 weeks. Very interesting! I completed the book in one day, come to think of it, I think I finished in one sitting. It amazed me how one man master minded this plan and it worked. All 7 men had high IQ's and could have done almost anything if they had gone the right way instead of the wrong!!! Makes you think!

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

Who Moved my Cheese?

Excellent workbook type of self-help motivational book.. Real short - 1 train ride youll finish it.

------------------

Religion is for those who fear going to hell-

Spirituality is for those who have already been there!

angelSIG.jpg

Tasty: I read the whole series!!! I loved those books. They've been showing Further Tales of the City on Showtime.

Quanto: I haven't been into Sci-fi since I was a little kid.

And what kind of fantasy books are you talking about?

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Timeline is by Michael Crichton. My company just released an new illustrated trade paperback of the Hobbit, def worth checking out if you are a fan.

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by dale77:

Quanto: I haven't been into Sci-fi since I was a little kid.

And what kind of fantasy books are you talking about?

Mythical fantasy, knight, dragons, sorcery/magic, elves, etc...

Fantasy authors like David Eddings, Piers Anthony, Anne McAffrey...

cwm15.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

Mythical fantasy, knight, dragons, sorcery/magic, elves, etc...

Fantasy authors like David Eddings, Piers Anthony, Anne McAffrey...

cwm15.gif

Oh good Gawd no! LOL!

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

K....

Then I would Hunter Thompson...

If you like poety, stream of consciousness try Charles Bukowski...

Ummm... I can supply some more authors when I get home, look at my book collection (non-sci-fi/non-fantasy)... (I'm so terrible with names...)

*tryingtoremembertheirnames*

cwm15.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

K....

Then I would Hunter Thompson...

If you like poety, stream of consciousness try Charles Bukowski...

Ummm... I can supply some more authors when I get home, look at my book collection (non-sci-fi/non-fantasy)... (I'm so terrible with names...)

*tryingtoremembertheirnames*

cwm15.gif

You're da best!

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

1) Lying on the couch - by Yalom

2) Unbearable lightness of being - by Milan

Kundera

3) Herzog -by Saul Bellow

4) Tuck everlasting - by natalie Babbitt (childern's book but sooooo good)

------------------

GrowingSunFlower.gifPVD(Shrunk).jpg

"Luna, thank you so much!"

Last week I read "Disco Bloodbath" by James St James about Michael Alig and the murder etc. I thought it was excellent and I am currently reading "False Memory" by Dean Koontz and I am really enjoying it. I have a fairly nice collection of books by King and Koontz if anyone needs to borrow 1 let me know.

mjp22@aol.com

If you are looking for nonfiction, try the recently released book entitled "War Letters". The book is a collection of 150 letters written by soldiers to their loved ones in times of war. The letters span from the Civil War to the Bosnian War. Sometimes these were the last words written by these persons before they lost their lives in battle. The descriptions can be pretty brutal at times, but the stories are all painfully real and painfully moving.

[This message has been edited by deeprock (edited 06-05-2001).]