Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Read anything good lately?!

Originally posted by deeprock:

If you are looking for nonfiction, try the recently released book entitled "War Letters". The book is a collection of 150 letters written by soldiers to their loved ones in times of war. The letters span from the Civil War to the Bosnian War. Sometimes these were the last words written by these persons before they lost their lives in battle. The descriptions can be pretty brutal at times, but the stories are all painfully real and painfully moving.

[This message has been edited by deeprock (edited 06-05-2001).]

Not a good story to recommend to a girl who hasn't been out on a date since February! I'll probably kill myself after I read one love letter!

Nah, j/k. Sounds interesting.

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Just finished a great book, Perfume by Partick Susskind. Twisted story that takes place in pre-revolutionary France. BTW any reformed grunge/punks out there might be interested to know that Kurt Cobain based the song Scentless Apprentince on it.

------------------

The fame, it was like a drug......but what was more like a drug were the drugs.

How do you shoot the Devil in the back?.....

What if you miss?

the diary of bridget jones--the first one was better than the second. she's come undone was good. frankie and zoe (by the same author as catcher in the rye--VERY good)

------------------

"I always get what I aim for and your heart and soul is what I came for"

<3 920-143 <3

You must read "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb if you haven't allready....It's just amazing....and after you read it you will be surprised that it was written by a guy...

But I can't tell you enough how incredible this book was, I want to share it with everyone.

Barbara Kinsolver also writes some great books such as "The Bean Trees" and the one that came after it....

Enjoy!

Lexi

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Here are two of my favorite books:

- The Bourne Identity - Robert Ludlum (it's old, but what a great book)

- The Day After Tomorrow - Allan Folsom (another one of my favorites)

------------------

The only difference between a saint and a sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.....Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by dznyc:

Hey Mysteriousss, I work for Random House Inc. and Koontz, Grisham, and Crichton are all our authors. I loved Timeline, definitely worth checking out.

do you know a red haired girl named Nancy?

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Originally posted by lextacy:

You must read "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb if you haven't allready....It's just amazing....and after you read it you will be surprised that it was written by a guy...

But I can't tell you enough how incredible this book was, I want to share it with everyone.

Barbara Kinsolver also writes some great books such as "The Bean Trees" and the one that came after it....

Enjoy!

Lexi

yes! "She's Come Undone" is phenomenal! "I know this much is true" by Wally Lamb is excellent as well. Very long, but well worth it.

I also enjoyed "White Oleander" by Janet Finch......

and of course both of the Bridget Jones books.

cwm7.gif

------------------

1grand420.gifweedbar.gif

Originally posted by dznyc:

What imprint and what department is she in?

don't know for sure. something with marketing. she was in the childrens' dept. when she first got there but now i think she does something with online business or something to that affect.

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

The Death of Vishnu by Manil Suri... funny book about the families living in one apartment building in India, and how they react to finding the dying body of Vishnu, a homeless man who lives on their steps.

Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin. There are six books in the series. They are about the inhabitants of an apartment complex in San Francisco. First book takes place in the late 70's, the last one in the early 80's. A really fun, super fast read, I highly recommend it.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Originally posted by tastyt:

Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin. There are six books in the series. They are about the inhabitants of an apartment complex in San Francisco. First book takes place in the late 70's, the last one in the early 80's. A really fun, super fast read, I highly recommend it.

YES!!!! These are great! They actually had a series on PBS several years ago... So dead on the books too (well as close as a tv mini-series can get).

Someone mentioned a book Timeline... There is a sci-fi book with that name... Are you referring to that book? I can't remember the author's name... Very good book though...

Dale77, is there a reason you don't want to read sci-fi? Just don't like it?? Fantasy books?? Same boat?

cwm4.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif