Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what to do when your best friend is in love with you?!?

My best friend just told me that he's in love with me...eeek!

he's been like a brother figure to me for sooo long I would never ever ever do anything with him and now he won't talk to me cause he feels awkward around me...to top it all off, I have been in love with his best (guy) friend for a loooong time, which is a lost cause cuz he has a girlfriend...

I just want my best friend back! cwm34.gif

------------------

You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl!

Oh god........you poor thing. This is a very delicate situation and it is never easy when a friend develops strong feelings for you.........especially when you do not return them. I am sure after time your friend will be able to deal with this in a mature fashion - it might take a while for him to regain his pride.......rejection is never easy for men.

This situation is a recurrent problem in my life. It sort of goes with the territory of having men for friends. In all the times I've dealt with this situation, it never gets easier.

BUt, I can say that it will be easier in the long run if you are absolutely up front and honest with him. Don't be harsh, but don't sugar coat it either. It will feel horrible, but your friendship will recover faster if he gets over it faster. He will never get over it if you allow even an ounce of hope.

The bad news: It is going to have a negative effect on your frienship and you should probably lay low for a ehile.

The good news: it doesn't have to be permanenet damage. cwm25.gif

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR