Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Guys, take a chance to read this please.....

Good Luck to your friend Lextacy!

BTW - I like your quote -

Ill be at the show Monday night at

Giants Stadium - 15th row -

Cant wait!!! cwm12.gif

cwm11.gif

------------------

~PO~

J-Man

_______

ANd On The CooL chECkin, CEnTER STaGE ON tHE MiC, And WEre Puttin iT ON WAx, Its THe new sTYyyyyyyyle!!!

hmmm...

GET ON THE FLOOR AND DANCE!!!

Originally posted by matta:

note made...

hey remember me from last night? You were talking to me about houses and horses?

matt

LOL.....oh yes.....I heard yea fell off your horse, were you on top of it at the time??

Yo, it took me a second there...I was like..holy shit...what the hell was I saying to that guy!

LOL

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by ClubManiac:

Good Luck to your friend Lextacy!

BTW - I like your quote -

Ill be at the show Monday night at

Giants Stadium - 15th row -

Cant wait!!! cwm12.gif

cwm11.gif

Aww thanks....

I love DMB..unfortunatly I don't have tickets for this tour!

frown.gif Next time!

But enjoy it for me!

Especially Seek Up or Dancing Nancies... smile.gif

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

I just thought this was mad cool and wanted to give props to my friend...His name is STEVE PORTER...no doubt you will be hearing of him soon if you haven't already....he is a local DJ from Amherst(UMASS)- BRANDIE..YOU SHOULD KNOW HIM....and he's an awesome DJ...he was given a great review in this article and I just wanted to share it! I HIGHLIGHTED THE PARTS I THOUGHT WOULD GRAB YOUR ATTENTION! So you don't have to read the whole thing, but hopefully after seeing the highlighted parts, you will!

It's long I know....but this guy is really one to watch...check it out..

Thanks...

“The people in Growroom Records were all in the latest club gear, wearing Yankees hats, looking like cool DJs, and I walked in all Ambercrombie and Fitch,” says local DJ and producer Steve Porter about his early days as a DJ. “But I just kept hanging around because I so badly wanted to be a part of what was going on there. I already knew how to DJ, but I had developed this techno fetish and I wanted to be involved with what was going on at the Growroom.”

As he stammers out his explanation of how he became involved in DJing, it’s apparent that not much has changed since Porter first began hanging out in the Growroom, a small vinyl shop that became the apex of the heretofore nonexistent Western Massachusetts dance-music scene when a group of UMass students opened it in 1997. Born and raised in Amherst, he is the epitome of the boy next door in his plaid shirt and faded jeans. But this “farm boy,” as his Growroom pals like to call him, has more than a dozen original tracks on several different record labels, including Chris Fortier’s Fade Records, the UK label Hooj Choons, and the local Amherst labels Radiant, PHD, and Mother Tongue. His work has appeared on more than 30 compilations, including a Kolo remix on Anthony Pappa’s Global Underground CD and an original track on an Earth Dance compilation that also featured Moby and Oribital. His DJ skills have brought him everywhere from his local residencies at Rise and Hibernia to Ireland, where he played at the Kitchen, the club owned by Bono of U2. Porter may look and act like a farm boy, but he is quickly becoming a major force in the underground electronic-music scene, WITH SUCH INTERNATIONAL STARS AS SASHA AND DIGWEED, DAVE RALPH AND CHRISTOPHER LAWERENCE PLAYING HIS TRACKS.

Porter, now only 23, started DJing in high school. After collecting old equipment from yard sales and flea markets, he spent his weekends spinning at high-school events and weddings. He was inspired by bands like Snap and C&C Music Factory and joined his high-school DJ club, where he gained a solid background in rhythm and sound. At the end of high school, once he started working at Growroom Records, Porter moved on to trance and techno. After playing around Western Massachusetts for a while, he landed a gig at the after-hours club Rise for gay-pride night. “I played for seven hours straight,” he says. “I stood in one spot the whole night because I was so nervous, and didn’t drink any water. When I finished I passed out because I was dehydrated.”

Despite the fainting spell, the owner of Rise decided to hire Porter to be the resident DJ for Orbit on Friday nights with Audio Dream Control’s MJ. He then went on to score a residency at Hibernia on Saturdays. With his DJ career in full swing, Porter became interested in making music. In the summer of 1998, he purchased a G3 Mac and a Roland 505, which were the tools he used to make all his tracks until recently. Porter’s brand of trance is neither commercial nor inaccessible, which is the reason he has been so successful in both the underground and mainstream dance-music scenes. “I try to keep all of my influences, past and present, in the forefront of my mind when I venture into a new project,” he explains. “For me, I’d actually say that if it weren’t for the overabundance of non-inspirational music, I wouldn’t have an axis of creativity to revolve around. I take a transcendentalist approach, keeping an eagle eye on as much music as possible and in turn making sure not to stomp on anyone else’s path. The confidence I have in my musical roots and my work ethic keeps my vision for music very wide and leaves no boundaries in my way.”

CURRENTLY, PORTER IS WORKING ON REMIXES FOR HOOJ CHOONS AND MUTE RECORDS, AND HE PLANS TO COMPLERE A FULL ALBUM IN THE NEAR FUTURE. HE'S ALSO BEEN WORKING IN THE STUDIO WITH JOHN DEBO ON SOME TRACKS FOR BEDROCK. SOME OF HIS WORK HAS ALSO RECENTLY APPEARED ON DAVE RALPH'S LOVE PARADE MIS CD AND THE NEW SPUNDAE COMPILATION. ON THE DJ FRONT, HE JSUT FINISHED A MIS FOR JOHN DIGWEED'S SHOW IN KISS FM IN LONDON. “I’m planning to just make really interesting music,” he says of his future plans. Steve Porter may not dress like an urban commando or be the slickest guy in town, but he can construct a track that is both interesting and memorable.

smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg