Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**IF YOU WENT TO THE PUERTO RICAN PARADE...WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT?**

I THOUGHT THAT THE PARADE WAS SO MUCH BETTER OTHER YEARS..THIS YEAR..THERE WERE TOO MANY "GHETTO" PEOPLE...IF YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING. AND THE MOST CORNY PICK UP LINES...I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO TELL YOU!!!

------------------

USE JEALOUSY'S GUEST LIST @ BRIDGEVIEW TUESDAYS,(checklist @ the door...no need to email), CLUB DEEP WED & SAT, BLUE TEQUILA THURSDAYS, BRAZIL (HAMPTONS)SATURDAYS. TO BE PLACED ON THE GUEST LIST OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS..EMAIL ME AT ASEXYMAMI@aol.com

Where have YOU been??? The Boricua Day Parade has ALWAYS been full of us "ghetto-people"; corny lines and all.

Actually, I had a great time this year, although I do admit that the 'Jennifer Lopez Parade' of two years ago can't be touched.

But I think regardless of the procession itself, everyone experiences events differently. So it's unfortunate you didn't enjoy yourself. Oh well...there's always next year. cwm7.gif

------------------

Life is not the opposite of death, because death is the opposite of birth. So tell me...what's the opposite of life? Nothing.

I think that the police aren't trained to handle any crowd control whatsoever. They're incompetent. There weren't enough numbers last year, plus most of them stood by or acted aloof when those women came to them for help. Just to make themselves look good, this year they decided to practically shut down Central Park, trapping those of us who didn't come for the parade (Viva Panama!). Hey, I'm not knocking it. I just wanted a peaceful afternoon in Sheap's Meadow with my boyfriend (Cuba Libre!). The cops were opening and closing sections of Central Park so it was impossible to know if you were going to be able to get out the way you got in. They were standing around with their arms crossed watching everyone like they were babysitting us just to make their presence made (I guess that omnipresence vanished when a husband was held down nearby while his wife wass stripped naked last year on their honeymoon), but they didn't even know directions on how to get out of the freakin park! I had to ask about 1/2 dozen cops how to get out of the maze they created with those stupid blue boundaries. They didn't even have the common sense that God gave them to pick that noisy walkie talkie buzzing on their asses and ASK ANOTHER COP for us! Geez! I don't know how many times we backtracked simply because they kept sending us to closed areas. If they're supposed to control a huge crowd, send more cops, yes...but numbers are merely a show if none of them can help the citizens that they are supposedly there to protect and serve. TRAIN them to control the crowd and how to handle sexual assault scenarios (I wonder if they ever got to that). TRAIN them to be able to instruct people how to get out of the obstructions that they caused so that they have less crowd & chaos to worry about. I know, you guys are thinking, yeah but there was no reported violence this year...and maybe there wasn't and maybe there was some that went unreported. I'm just bitching because for all of their posing (however effective) yesterday, it pissed me off that instead of re-directing us so that we would be able to avoid the parade, 1/2 dozen officers managed to direct us right into the heart of the festivities. They couldn't even tell which, if any, subway entrances they may have closed off. That's outrageous! I don't usually consider them walking information booths, but when something like this is going on and they're closing things left and right they had better be prepared to tell someone how to get out. Ciao for now...