Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I was chatting with a sound engineer. the ranges 20-30hrz (which most good systems try to get down to) and also the high's are incredibly difficult to distinguish. AND most studio monitors go to about 30hrz so anything below has not been herd by the engineer or the producer so they are unknown.

So most of us couldn't bloody tell if it was technically better. Now personal preference is different, I am sure if you have been listening to TWILO's phazon (there are currently about 10 out there, some newer and more expensive than Twilo's) then you may prefer that sound. But Technical specs and DJ reponce are what twilo's initial fame (back from years ago when it was first installed it was technically the best sound system), so all the people who no shit about the real technical ability of the system herd and then Phazon was hailed the best COMPANY to get in to do your nightclub system.

But all this is irrelevant because what your all commenting on is what you think sounds good. Not what actually does.

I here the other Phazons are ok, but I also here that the Ministry system blows away the 2 Phazons installed in London.

Stereo has (I believe) analogue amps, now analogue amps may not be the best for house, trance or D&B (different ranges and responses are used more in all) and the speakers could be shit anyway. So the Stereo system may be more of a technically superior system that sounds worse. This point being, when you get up there to the top 20 systems in the world it's not worth talking about.

Then you know those little knobs that DJ's twiddle? They are the EQ's, well if a DJ over cooks them or changes a song to be different to your tastes (or to how you would set your graphics EQ's at home), is that the system sounding bad? I think most people would say it is... personal preference again.

I think the only people who could make an educated decision are the DJ's (but even then they don't know how the producer WANTED the song to sound, they only know how they want it to sound). And I haven't read ANY DJ saying that Twilo's Phazon is the best for several years now.

Keep it real wink.gif

Sinicism, sarcasm, sacrilege you decide.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

imma be in montreal next weekend, and it just so turns out that Wink, and David Morales will be spinning at Stereo on friday and saturday nights respectively. should be nice to hear these guys on this system, rivaled by the infamous phazon that resides at the club formerly known as Twilo.

i hope they have a farting disco ball...

peace

------------------

don't act too cool because you might get shot...