Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buying car

I need some advice on getting a car for the first time~! I've been looking at different cars.. I do like Mazda, Honda, Mitsu, VW... Audi (ofcourse used)..

Does anybody have any suggestion? I'm willing to spend $15,000- $20,000. Used or new.. doesn't matter but preferably new.

Looking into new Mitsu eclipse... Honda civic (only cause it's reliable, easy to sell, reasonable price, and easy to play around with and put parts to it, but don't want it cause every1 has it) Honda SI is really nice but overpriced for that kinda car.. and I can't drive stick. VW is reliable and very nice but I have GOLF right now.. VW looks very similar so I donno...

3000GT is nice...

I don't want a huge car either.. smaller one is easier to maneuver in .. but I guess it wouldn't really matter if I really like the car.

I heard red car has higher insurance too. Is it true? About the whole sunset and sunrise deal? I heard it gets hit more often... arghh... I really want a red car too..

so any suggestion guys/gals? Or comment on the car u have right now...

Tomomi

Well I did get a crappy car.. well not CRAPPY.. 95' Neon. I should've stated it differently, it'll be my first time buying a "new" car, or a decent car. =) thanks for the advice though. This time I really want a decent one that I can keep for myself.

Tomomi

~hey~ dont get a mitsu eclipse. i had a 97 and it was awesome for the first 2 yrs then i started having a lot of probs w/ it. i just got a vw jetta and i love it. you can tell jsut by the way it drives that its a better made car. i dont kno. just my 2 cents. good luck!!

cwm12.gif

d

------------------

email: clubindiva@aol.com

AcCePt No iMiTaTiOnS...tHeRe iS nO sUbStiTuTe FoR tHe ReAL tHiNg!!

I would say get a mercury cougar (even though its not a make you said you liked). i have a 2000 and love it. its nice and sporty and not everyone has them. and you can get a new one anywhere from 17,000-24,000 - depending on what you want. mines loaded and i have to say i love it. ive come across a few other people who have them and i havent heard one person really complain about the car. but thats just my opinion. cwm38.gif

------------------

*~*In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life - IT GOES ON*~*

*~*Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories*~*

Aol~Tee0715~

i JUST got a 98 rav 4, its pretty fun to drive...the only thing id want to change is the size of the engine

it was $15,000....but no power locks/windows, and youre gonna need a new head unit because it sucks hardcore....or maybe thats just from the previous owner

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I have problem making decisions.. and this one is pretty hard to figure out. My family leased 97' eclipse for two years so I have experience with that car. Anyhow, I just have to do some research and keep looking until August cause that's the best time to buy b4 the new cars come out for the year.

Yeah VW Jetta is really nice.. lookin into that too cwm12.gif

Thanks again~

Tomomi

vw is nice. audi is nice but they are coming out with a new body stye this fall...i dont know if that matters to you or not. also if u get a used audi be prepared to shell out some $$$ if anything does go wrong with it because of high repair bills...u could get it from a dealer and get a warantee though.

jap cars are reliable but they lack any sort of fun...they are too boring for my taste.

just drive all of them and pick whichever one u like best.

ive had my honda civic for almost 2 years now (its a 2000) and i must say, i have absolutely no complaints about the car... its easy to handle, great on gas, looks cute, and its reliable. plus, it came with some good features. i know its popular now and everyone has it, but maybe thats cause they know its a good car. i also know people that have vw's (jetta and gti) and they love their cars and have had no problems with them. my suggestion to u would be to test drive all of em and see what u like. good luck!

Originally posted by rose1722:

I heard red car has higher insurance too. Is it true? About the whole sunset and sunrise deal? I heard it gets hit more often... arghh... I really want a red car too..

I always assumed that red cars had higher insurance b/c they were more likely to be caught speeding by a cop (before radar).

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to look into this whole sunrise/sunset deal!!!

------------------

pbctitle1.jpg

I own a toyota celica convertible in red... i dont really get targeted or anything. I also have a system which should draw more attention to police, but i really dont have a problem. So my advice is go for the red car. Toyota's are good reliable cars also... they run forever... mine has 108,000 miles and is still goin strong.

------------------

Is it Friday yet???

Procrastination is the art of.......... never mind, I'll finish this quote later.

music: indispensable component of life... recognizes no limits and no confines... uniting black with white, young with old, and the good with the bad.

Do you want another taste of my ice cream?