Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Weekend review: vinyl & factory

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday - Vinyl.. Music - incredible but daamn was it hot there or was it me? I thought I was gonna die in there with all these people and almost no AC.. I really didn't wanna leave so early (6:30) but I couldn't take it anymore.. That place is not big enough for so many people.. But again, Danny is def the man coz it was insane!!!!!

Saturday - OMG.. Those SF heads who didn't go last night MISSED OUT!!! Honestly guys, one of the BEST nights I ever had at SF. At NO point during the night did I NOT like the music! It was just incredible.. Got there at 7:30 or 8 or so and stayed till closing (2:30 or 3?). The most incredible music all night! Couldn't stop dancing all night and must have had the biggest smile on my face all night! Highlights of the night - FAITHLESS (OMG I didn't think it was possible to make the song any hotter than it already is but JP proved me wrong!!!!!), Sun is shining is always a happy one, Finally, 6 8 12 w/something else, and lots and lots more.. Overall, incredible time!!! Thanks to Arthur, Lina, Charles, Yanna, and Taijel (sorry hun but I have NO clue how to spell your name).. I hope you had as much fun as I did!!! My face hurts from smiling so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY doesn't even describe it all smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mysteriousss (edited 06-18-2001).]

I had an okay time at Vinyl Friday. It was my first time going and overall I disappointed.

I am pissed that I didn't go to SF Saturday though. I keep hearing it was a good time. But I couldn't be all cracked out on Father's Day. frown.gif

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

Damn I had a good time...and the music at SF really got me going this time...JP seemed to be in a brilliant mood that night smile.gif The company was amazing (as always) and I have to say: Zoya, I really enjoyed seeing you with that big smile on your face all night (girl you had a glow around you)!!! Arthur & Lina...well, nothing need to be said. I enjoy hanging with you guys whatever it is we're doing... so happy that we met you through this board!!! Taijel - nice to have met you too smile.gif

So, until next time "at the Soundfactory" cwm12.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

lina - HAHA.. You're hooked smile.gif My mission has been completed LMAO!!!!!

dale - no need to be cracked out smile.gif i was sober all night, not even a puff or a drink or even a red bull.. been going sober for the longest time and trust me, it's even more FUN smile.gif

yanna - I totally lost it when faithless came on.. OMG, I'm still smiling smile.gif Jonathan was definitely in a great mood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you guys were all there to witness what SF is really all about smile.gif

How beautiful was closing? Damn I'm in love smile.gif

Mmmmhhhh....maybe the answer is: that we only got there when you left and then stayed till closing. Who knows or rather: different peoples' opinions and tastes...but that's what it's all about, right... cwm38.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

AIM: flying77high

Email:flying77high@yahoo.com

Originally posted by flying_high:

Mmmmhhhh....maybe the answer is: that we only got there when you left and then stayed till closing. Who knows or rather: different peoples' opinions and tastes...but that's what it's all about, right... cwm38.gif

Exactly...

Breann

here is my "weekend review"...

• friday night:
    spent at home with my jana and lina and arthur...awesome night...so much fun...so comfortable...you two russians are awesome...i love hanging out with you guys...
    wink.gif ...
  • saturday night:
    at the sound factory...again with awesome people...my one and only jana...the incredible couple - lina & arthur...the fun zoya who didn't want to leave(had a big smile on her face and was waiting for jp to throw another one on as we were walking out)...and the newly met taijel...i did have a couple "technical" problems...but got over them, and had an awesome time...

so...

jana - mhhhhmmm... cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

lina & arthur - love you two(in both night-light and daylight)... cwm12.gif

zoya - more and more fun everytime... cwm12.gif

taijel - until next time...

friday - homey night - awesome

saturday - good clubbin' - awesome

------------------

all1.jpg

AIM: thefrenchbread

YIM: thefrenchbread

[This message has been edited by frenchbread (edited 06-18-2001).]

damnit zoya! why did you leave so early? i saw you across the room at vinyl when i first got there (around 4AM). my friends and i were headed to the bathrooms and i figured "well, if that really is zoya i can say 'hi' later, since this is such a small club i will see her again."

but you left and i never got to say "hi." so...

"hi zoya!"

---

sirdantes reviews of vinyl and SF.

i also really enjoyed fri nite at vinyl. it did suck until around 7 AM bc there were waaaayy too many ppl there. i think it was 10x as crowded (really!) as the last time i went; but the last time was b4 twilo closed so i guess the enormous crowd is normal now. i highly recommend to anyone who cant stand the heat and the crowd that they wait until later to go! it seemed that the more the morning wore on, the more ppl were there for just the music and dancing. also, mad props to that club for being so strict with drug control. its really nice to walk around a club without having to step over comatose bodies. comparing vinyl last fri to any nite i have been to certain other clubs makes me realize the difference between a drug den and a music lovers paradise. DT is the best of the best and i danced so much friday that i can barely walk today.

saturday at SF was one of the better times i have had there. however thats not saying much bc i usually dont really like the place. i attribute my enjoyment to my GF and i sleeping until 7AM and then getting up to go to the club. it was still incredibly crowded when we got there, but by 9AM the place really thinned out. unfortunately, my own distain for monotonous house music makes me always wish for better song selection from the very talented mr peters. we left about an hour b4 closing bc we just arent into his style enuf to really appreciate the downtempo shit, IMO, that he started spinning. however, to be fair, the music was good if thats the kind of stuff you like.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

[b

dale - no need to be cracked out smile.gif i was sober all night, not even a puff or a drink or even a red bull.. been going sober for the longest time and trust me, it's even more FUN smile.gif

Maybe so but sitting on the speakers isn't as much fun when you're sober.

------------------

You're only young once

sa1300.jpg

I made it to Vinyl Fri night after a few drinks down at Recess. I've never been before and had never heard DT before so was looking forward to it.

Aside from the fact that it was Africa Hot in there, I thought it was pretty good. I liked the music, but prefer it a little harder if given the choice (I just love JP's hard beats..) I thought the place had an overall good vibe, and was pleasantly surprised to not see cracked out people all over the place. I left around 6ish beacuse I just had too much to to Saturday.

I'm sorry I missed SF Sat cwm36.gif

Originally posted by wakeup:

all of you who loved SF yesterday how many drugs did you do cause i stayed till 9 and jp sucked so bad.

Hehe.. It's funny but at exactly 9am the music always gets better smile.gif Seriously, the first great song came on at exactly 9 and it was AWESOME all the way till the end! I wasn't really feeling what he was playing before 9 but we only got there at 8 so it didn't get a chance to get on my nerves yet smile.gif

Hehe.. It's funny but at exactly 9am the music always gets better smile.gif Seriously, the first great song came on at exactly 9 and it was AWESOME all the way till the end! I wasn't really feeling what he was playing before 9 but we only got there at 8 so it didn't get a chance to get on my nerves yet smile.gif

I'm already storing up on sleep so I can close Facroty after D-Mode...I have a feeling that is going to be one of the best days of the year biggrin.gif

- Pete"waitdidiputbestdaysoftheyearandsoundfactoryinthesamesentence?ohitmustjustbethatimgoingtobewithzoyaforthatday...ahyesthatisithehe"

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

I got some shite coming up, but forgot the dates

web site...Version 1.06

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Dreaming, Dreaming about tomorrow.....you'll soon know what I mean

Rick!!! Finally you make it to NYC and don't even say hi? This is how it is huh LMAO.. jk smile.gif I did leave too early from Vinyl but I had no idea it was gonna be so packed because it was just a regular night.. Oh well smile.gif I still had a good time, music was awesome right? And you didn't like the music at SF? Wow.. I'm surprised but then again I can only speak for myself when I say I FUCKING LOVED IT smile.gif And the slower stuff is just Jonathan's way of letting us down easy instead of stopping abruptly with a really hard track. Oh well anyway, hope you make it back to NYC some time soon!!!!! And virtual *hugz* will have to do for now smile.gif So *hugzzzzz*

Originally posted by schwingep:

I'm already storing up on sleep so I can close Facroty after D-Mode...I have a feeling that is going to be one of the best days of the year biggrin.gif

- Pete"waitdidiputbestdaysoftheyearandsoundfactoryinthesamesentence?ohitmustjustbethatimgoingtobewithzoyaforthatday...ahyesthatisithehe"

cool.gif

Haha.. You KNOW you LOVE Jonathan! You know it smile.gif LMAOOOO.. I can't wait anymore!!!!!!!! Did you memorize all the lyrics from Exciter yet? Oh man that's gonna be one HAPPY weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! 2 concerts baby.. Are you ready?

Haha.. You KNOW you LOVE Jonathan! You know it smile.gif LMAOOOO.. I can't wait anymore!!!!!!!! Did you memorize all the lyrics from Exciter yet? Oh man that's gonna be one HAPPY weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! 2 concerts baby.. Are you ready?

I just hope Jonathon doesnt disappoint and throws down snare drum roll upon snare drum roll, i love it when he does that...especially around 4 am biggrin.gif

I'm working on those lyrics, but Ive had to pull out some of the old D-Mode CD's (or cassettes) to re-antiquate myself.

I am READY baby!!!...and yes this is going to be one awesome weekend!!!

- Pete"imclosingfactoryimclosingfactory"

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

newsig.gif

Upcoming shows:

I got some shite coming up, but forgot the dates

web site...Version 1.06

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Dreaming, Dreaming about tomorrow.....you'll soon know what I mean

Rick!!! Finally you make it to NYC and don't even say hi? This is how it is huh LMAO.. jk smile.gif I did leave too early from Vinyl but I had no idea it was gonna be so packed because it was just a regular night.. Oh well smile.gif I still had a good time, music was awesome right? And you didn't like the music at SF? Wow.. I'm surprised but then again I can only speak for myself when I say I FUCKING LOVED IT smile.gif And the slower stuff is just Jonathan's way of letting us down easy instead of stopping abruptly with a really hard track. Oh well anyway, hope you make it back to NYC some time soon!!!!! And virtual *hugz* will have to do for now smile.gif So *hugzzzzz*

*hug* back at ya babe. i just got off the phone with laura and she wants to go back this friday. sleeping until 3AM and getting up to make 4 hours of vinyl from 6-10 does sound like a fun idea.

its almost too much driving (6+ hrs). however friday at vinyl is the *best* place to party sober-- and thats been my trip lately! does sleep deprivation and red bull qualify as cracked-out behavior? smile.gif

------------------

i love music!

YO WUUSSSSUPPPP!!! with all you suckers missin ME and shit...except schwingep DAAAMMNNN I was chillin till like 8 am gettin my groove on. Of course its not easy to spot people in that black hole of venue. Damn its dark in their, and daaaammmnn Danny was sick! Had fun but vinyl is definitely a spot I hear to spoil myself with the incrdible sets that Danny throws down. Besides I could really care less about Vinyl IMO smile.gif