Clubplanet Nightlife Community

from nightclubcity.com

At the HX Awards tonight, Junior recived his Lifetime Achievement award with style after a fabulous 10 minute documentary highlighting his years at SF and Arena...Great footage of Kevin Aviance and Raphael and all the kids serving runway on the dancefloor.

but here was the news of the night....

Junior announced his upcoming plans for the near future including.....

His birthday party at...LIMELIGHT (end of August).... and.....

Starting September..his NEW weekly residency at the space currently known as EXIT!

It probably won't be called EXIT in the fall, but just the mere fact that he's going there...

There better be some major changes to EXIT if this is going to be an enjoyable time. You sure as hell know they will be building a brand new D&G DJ booth just for Junior.

All this news...SCANDALOUS.

www.nightclubcity.com

very interesting

cwm1.gif

------------------

AIM risa06

[This message has been edited by risa06 (edited 06-19-2001).]

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

very interesting indeed!!!

now if only they brought bindra in there for fridays and had great talent in there, you'd find me there week after week biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

dont forget the phazon! never forget the phazon! scandalous indeed, i love it. turn that space formerly know as exit into T2!

------------------

Freakazoids...

To the dance floor...

Originally posted by p00h:

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

turn that space formerly know as exit into T2!

T2- I love it! cwm12.gif

It's great to hear they're finally going to put that space to good use!

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

I don't think that Junior is going to be happy in Exit for a number of reasons and I'm very surprised if this turns out to be true. As we all know, Junior is very much a part of the gay/Chelsea boy scene and is pretty much an icon amongst that sector of clubbers. Twilo is pretty much in the Chelsea locale, while Exit is definitely not. Saturday nights in and around Chelsea were like a warm up for Junior at Twilo...I don't know if its going to be the same enthusiasm to go to Exit...especially since Roxy has its gay-friendly party on Saturdays and also there are a couple of other predominantely gay clubs opening up in the area.

Ofcourse when Junior was at Twilo, there was a spillover from the early crowd into the late-Junior crowd, which up until Twilo started headlining big names on Saturday was almost all gay. Exit is a different story. Everyone knows Junior and the kids who never went to Twilo for whatever reason will be piling into Exit (or continuting to go there) to hear him spin. I think Exit is too big to have a door policy that gives straight people a bit of difficulty getting in...the place really wouldnt fill up and any vibe created by Junior would be lost. The problem is that Junior is well-known to play for "his crowd" and I dont think Exit's format or history will be able to provide that.

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places,I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

Originally posted by gravity:

I don't think that Junior is going to be happy in Exit for a number of reasons and I'm very surprised if this turns out to be true. As we all know, Junior is very much a part of the gay/Chelsea boy scene and is pretty much an icon amongst that sector of clubbers. Twilo is pretty much in the Chelsea locale, while Exit is definitely not. Saturday nights in and around Chelsea were like a warm up for Junior at Twilo...I don't know if its going to be the same enthusiasm to go to Exit...especially since Roxy has its gay-friendly party on Saturdays and also there are a couple of other predominantely gay clubs opening up in the area.

Ofcourse when Junior was at Twilo, there was a spillover from the early crowd into the late-Junior crowd, which up until Twilo started headlining big names on Saturday was almost all gay. Exit is a different story. Everyone knows Junior and the kids who never went to Twilo for whatever reason will be piling into Exit (or continuting to go there) to hear him spin. I think Exit is too big to have a door policy that gives straight people a bit of difficulty getting in...the place really wouldnt fill up and any vibe created by Junior would be lost. The problem is that Junior is well-known to play for "his crowd" and I dont think Exit's format or history will be able to provide that.

JR's fans are very loyal & will follow him anywhere in the city...doesn't matter if it's in the Chelsea area or not! They really don't have any place to party for afterhours on Sunday mornings right now! SF is one of the only options for afterhours for them at the moment & I'm sure they're not thrilled about that!

SMOKEE

That's IT!!!!!!!!! It's the Armageddon. This happens and I am seriously considering becoming a recluse. There would be a little more attitude and drama in that room than anyone could handle. Between Miss V's LOVELY DEMEANOR and Marvesi's hmmmmm let us say his people skills aren't the best.That place would I believe become the perfect example of hell spawned on earth. The room and system are one thing but, if the Chelsea Boys were to come and got treated like most people that go there. There would be queens fighting the bouncers all up and down 56th street.

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

what u kiddies don't seem to get is that anyone in the industry knows that jr sat nite/sunday morning has a big following thus there $$$ involved with it. I'm sure if JR were to start playing there he'd do it on his terms and the marvesi would have to give him what he wants. the friday thing is just a pipe dream. i cant imagine marvesi givin up his easy money fridays and pay more for top notch djs...

------------------

Freakazoids...

To the dance floor...

I see your point, Gravity, but like Pooh and Smokee said, Jr's followers will not be deterred. I am curious tho to see exactly how the Exit/Jr crowds will mingle.

Of course it's sort of like when Jr started spinning at the Tunnel... well ok the Tunnel's never been nearly as straight as Exit... but he made a lot of converts spinning there.

Plus I'll get to hear him again! My bf shouldn't be so afraid of being molested by the Chelsea boys, lol!

I can't wait for the fall! cwm12.gifcwm20.gifcwm12.gifcwm20.gif

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Man, I always said that the only thing that Exit needed was a real Mix Artist or two. Then it would be a club to reckon with.

With a venue large enough to offer many different atmospheres, and kick ass music, it would definitely be the place for me! I think that greedy Marvisi would only need to get 1 good name in there a week, and have the same music playing in the whole club (the way Twilo did) so he wouldn't have to cough up money to many DJ's for one night. Imagine how many heads would be in there, when Twilo had a fat line of people waiting for hours to get in for S&D, CC, DT or PVD. Come on already... Why can't these club owners get with the program already! Instead of trying to be a mega-velvet-rope-club, it should be a club in the spirit of Twilo, but have 1 or 2 velvet-rope rooms for those who need to feel important. He might actually start to see a bigger party.

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

yea junior has a huge following.. doesnt' go on until 6 anyway, and exit is almost finished by that time anyway..

he'd have the chelsea crowd rockin the place til the afternoon.. and maybe marivisi is looking at it from the perspective of picking up that lost crowd, not losing anymore to factory which seemingly has developed into this rivarly.. if the club is closed by 8 and they do almost a double nite like twilo started doing, that'd mean more loot for the greedy man..

the twilo thing certainly is a pipe dream.. but what marivisi dont' realize is that he'd make more loot by spending the money on dj's and cutting loose that army of promoters that he's payin $10 a head too.. its a net discount on every entrance of $15.. from a business standpoint, it still makes more sense..

------------------

get off of my cloud..

Originally posted by risa06:

ugh....I won't be going there cwm1.gif

how have you been hon? smile.gif

hey there sweet thang smile.gif

not bad.. havent' been going out much.. have no motivation these days and always gettin sidetracked.. find myself doin the local thang all the time..

how've you been?

------------------

get off of my cloud..

It seems to be that Junior is trying to bring back the Arena type feeling where the gays and straights partied together under one roof.

Either way, this party will be banging. They won't keep the promoters that they have now and it'll cut alot of the cheese out of Exit.

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by JaseNYC:

It seems to be that Junior is trying to bring back the Arena type feeling where the gays and straights partied together under one roof.

Either way, this party will be banging. They won't keep the promoters that they have now and it'll cut alot of the cheese out of Exit.

Good point. Then again, won't need many promoters for Junior. smile.gif

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"In the hall, in the bathroom, in the basement, in the coatcheck... and even up the block, oops!"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

www.urbanpromos.com

not only is the whole place getting redone(closing for two weeks in september)and it's a real nice place already,i can't image it to look better then it is..maybe sound system and shit..the only way to keep up with the club scene in NY city is to recreate yourself every so often...if you take away all the asians it's a half filled club on saturdays..world really has taken a bite out of exit..if this is all true then exit has made a brillant move...and for all the exit haters shut the fuck up already it's getting pretty old with all your vibe bullshit and stuff you say about exit...it will be a new club with a new name and a new dj..and a new scene..if you still don't like it don't go..this is great for the city..besides the factory the club scene sucks in the city right now..and we get to keep a great dj in NY every weekend(heard junior was thinking of going to miami..rumor.)....NY city has to represent for the united states..exit(or whatever they decide to call it) will not only be the hottest club in the city again but if anybody was going to bring it back and rewrite club history again it's junior..no disrespect to boris he tears it up sometimes..maybe they make it boris then junior afterhours..who knows....i can't see that..