Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help with clubbing terminology

This could go on for days. Since everyone wants to get so technical...

B&T refers to any borough of NYC EXCEPT Manhattan. Also Jersey and LI, Westchester, etc etc.

And for the clueless people- it's really more about the attitude than residence. Someone could live in Manhattan but still act B&T- ie, dress/act like a meathead, guido, or guidette!

BTW these are all used as derogatory terms.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Yes. I am quite aware that the concept of B&T refers to an attitude associated with, but not dependant on a mailing address.

Furthermore, I think my brooklyn, Queens, Bronx question still applies because many of these natives seem to have said attutude.

And lastly. I was being fecesious. cwm1.gif

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR

OK I take it back I'm not B&T. Though I do admit my home state is filled with them (all of them: meatheads, guidos, juicebags, B&T, etc...) Over in Jersey though we have a common term for all of them - JOHNNIES (aka SQUIDS). If you don't believe me just check out the Jersey board. After about 5 min on it you can point out at least 20 Johnnies.

cwm5.gif

Originally posted by bionic:

Meathead: Typically a big musclehead moron. He may or may not actually be tough, but he thinks he's as tough as nails. Usually the cause of most fights. Note: You don't necessarily have to be big to be a meathead, its more of a mentality, than a physical characteristic. Sometimes confused with juiceheads (see below).

Juicehead: Somebody who takes steroids. Noticble characteristcs: Enormous, freak of nature, size build, pimples on the back, stubble all over. Note: Juiceheads can be meatheads, however, its not necessarily true all the time.

B&T: Bridge and Tunnel. Usually used by Manhattan residents to describe the crowd of people that come into the city en masse from Long Island, Westchester, NJ who take, you guessed it, the bridge or the tunnels to get here.

Guido: A stereotype commonly associated with Italians. Please Note: Note all Italians are guidos (obviously) and you certainly don't need to be Italian to be a guido. A guido is the gold chain wearing, IROC driving, stinkin to high heaven of cologne, how U doin, badda bing, badda boom, tons of gel in the hair, thinks he shit doesn't stink kinda guy. The guido phenomenon took off in the 80's and their numbers have since dwindled, but there are still a few that just won't let it go..

Hope this clears things up a bit...

...that is great! So true.

I am a little intrigued by this topic and have to add my $.02

when someone mentioned "manhattanite", does that describe one that was born and raised in manhattan OR one that has permanent residency there. For I think the majority of manhattan is ex-b&t that has either moved onto bigger and better things or trying to move closer to work

Also, would a Chelsea Boy be on the same derogatory level as a Yuppie?

Originally posted by apotheosis:

Yes, but how can we forget GUIDETTES!!!!!

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

pink frost lipstick

puffed blonde hair &

so tight 'you can read their lips' jeans

why u making fun of me babe? .. =/

------------------

Religion is for those who fear going to hell-

Spirituality is for those who have already been there!

angelSIG.jpg

Hmmm... the plot thickens...

I personally would use the term Manhattanite for someone who lives there... but was not necessarily born there. In fact, most likely not born there. Again, it's really the attitude above all else.

As far as Chelsea Boys... I wouldn't consider that term to be on the same level as "yuppy." I myself don't use it as a derogatory term... but maybe others would disagree. ???

Now- Pop Quiz- what happens when you have a Chelsea Boy who has a B&T residence but was born in Manhattan? tongue.gif

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif