Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone here an art student??

I will be entering rugers university this fall and wish to pursue visual arts as my major. Eventually I plan to transfer to a respectable art school in the city. If anyone can give me any advice as to what schools are out there, what kind of jobs are offered to visual art majors, etc... any advice will be helpful.

Thanx,

Jenn

------------------

Is it Friday yet???

Procrastination is the art of.......... never mind, I'll finish this quote later.

music: indispensable component of life... recognizes no limits and no confines... uniting black with white, young with old, and the good with the bad.

Do you want another taste of my ice cream?

I'm not an art student (because i graduated already) but I am an art director. good schools in the city are SVA (School Visual Arts), Pratt, & FIT. These are school that focus on art. Then you have NYU of course. Any of the four have great programs. If you are starting @ Rutgers already i would advice to try to transfer to NYU. Schools such as SVA Pratt and FIT may not accept your Rutgers credits. If you want any more info or help PM me and I'll be glad to help.

cwm5.gif

Jenn,

I went to not one, not two, but three art/design schools. And taught at two of them.

First of all what do want to do?

If you say "I paint", well then you can be an illustrator, graphic designer or even a colortist.

If you say "I sculpt", well then you can be an industrial designer, fashion designer or even architect.

If you say "I design on computers", well than you can go into grapchics, animation and communication design.

Let me know and I'll send which schools are best.

Cove Toys

------------------

You are unique, just like everyone else!

Originally posted by covetoys:

Jenn,

I went to not one, not two, but three art/design schools. And taught at two of them.

First of all what do want to do?

If you say "I paint", well then you can be an illustrator, graphic designer or even a colortist.

If you say "I sculpt", well then you can be an industrial designer, fashion designer or even architect.

If you say "I design on computers", well than you can go into grapchics, animation and communication design.

Let me know and I'll send which schools are best.

Cove Toys

Covetoy do you still teach and if you do at which one? I'm interested in taking some continueing ed classes (need to take some in order to advance @ the agency I work at).

Thanks,

cwm5.gif