Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone heard of Amazura Ballroom??

I was on Essential's website and saw DJ Icey is playing in Queens at a place called Amazura Ballroom. He is unbelievable live and I need to see that show. Any info will be helpful. Oh and no bashing please, I know I'm in tranceworld but I'm from breaks world. Thanks!!

amazura is in queens, tho its not a hard drive and we felt safe parking the car there. the venue is one large room, which has a lot of potential. the only downside is that there is very little chill space.

when i was there, I was at a particular rave which SUCKED, but everyone seems to say that unbelievable parties get thrown there. the problems weren't due to the venue, it was because there weren't enough lights, the sound was only coming from the stage and the bouncers were being assholes. but these can all be taken care of by a good crew throwing the party.

i say go for it and have fun. icey is totally cool, even tho i'm a trance head smile.gif

rob

I went to a rave there once. If you don't drive, it's about a block and a half away from the LIRR station @ Jamaica.

The party itself was fine. However, we stood on line for literally two and a half hours because they oversold tickets. And this was in January; I cannot even tell you how cold it was. We almost left even though we had already bought our tickets.

The party was ok and we had forgotten about that debacle until it was time to leave. We had to wait for at least 45 minutes at the coat check. And it wasn't because there were so many people, it was because they just stopped the line for who knows what reason and weren't giving people their coats! My friend and I actually fell asleep on our boyfriends.

So just be forewarned that you may be treated disrespectfully. But at least you won't have to stand on line in freezing weather!

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Originally posted by kimmr:

I was on Essential's website and saw DJ Icey is playing in Queens at a place called Amazura Ballroom. He is unbelievable live and I need to see that show. Any info will be helpful. Oh and no bashing please, I know I'm in tranceworld but I'm from breaks world. Thanks!!

yeeeaaaahhh kid. infiltrate. venue=good enuff

tasty: were you at ascension? we were 5 people, 3 bought our tix online, and the other 2 bought them at a record store. we got straight in, and the other 2 were waiting online... their rolls started kicking in and they paid the bouncers $50 each to let them go up to the front of the line. it sucked.

also, some girl passed out from GB in the ladies room and so the bouncers made all of the girls pee with the door open. yuck.

i bet u + your bf were sleeping in the little ramp to get from the entrance to the dancefloor.... u were lucky there was NO PLACE TO CHILL!!!!!!

I've heard that EVERY other party but that one was phenomenal @ amazura.... but these are just rumors of course smile.gif

hugs,

rob

No, it was actually not this past Jan but Jan 2000... The party was I Have a Dream. The lineup was pretty weak until DJ Funk came on. There were only two djs tag-teaming after him, they were good too but that's it! Three good djs all night long!

The crowd was great, though, you could tell it was a really good vibe as soon as you walked in.

------------------

What's WEMF???

I'm considering One Nation but it's doubtful. I have to move in two months and desperately need to save money! The Music Made Me Do It was supposed to be my last hurrah for the summer... but it was such a bust for us that my boyfriend wants to go out again asap!

I will definitely be at Shine on the 6th- Terry Mullan's spinning and it's only $10 on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> !

------------------

WEMF = world electronic music festival, in toronto. it is 3 days long and only about $50 us to get in... everyone camps out and has a crazy time. check them out: www.wemf.com

june is too early to have a last hurrah of the summer. just need to find better ways to party for cheap. $10 parties are nice smile.gif

i, on the other hand, am not adopting that philosophy and am burning a giant hole in my credit rating. but what the hell, you're only young once, right?