Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fast and the Furious

Just saw this last night and i thought it was fuckin' awesome! i usually don't like cheesy action movies, but this held my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat. Good characters, awesome action sequences, good lookin' girls, good music, etc etc. Eye-candy to the max. And plus how cool of a name is Vin Diesel -- that guy is the shit. so if you want a movie that you can just sit back and enjoy... see it!

------------------

"just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone."

"come down on the street and dance with me."

capthelmet@aol.com

yeah i liked it....heres a funny story

so this is a movie about COOL CARS right?

well every time a new car would pull up in the movie the obnoxious people behind me would feel it was necessary to say, "yoooo thats a phat car!"

cwm23.gif

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

it was the dumbest story line, but i gotta admit, i was definitely entertained.. hot guy, hot girls, hot cars.. who cares about anything else?! heheh jk.. wink.gif

but a few interesting things i picked up...

didn't Spillner (the blonde guy) look like BT??

FYI -- BT did lots of the music for the soundtrack for this movie....

i don't think many people noticed but.. toretto used honda civics for the hijackings-- know why? to make it look like the asians were the ones behind the hijacking because so many people assume that only and all asians drive honda civics (a type of discrimination right there.... but most people i talked to about this totally agreed at first and said that they thought it was the asians doing the hijackings..)

..all these dumb kids with souped up cars got all excited after seeing this movie and started causing havoc left and right on the roads bc they think they can race when they really don't know jack shit about cars and/or racing.. that pissed me off big time.. fukin losers..

ok, that's enough for me! smile.gif

peas-- daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." AoL: MAReLuNa

Humm....I dont think they were discriminating against asians by using honda civics. I happen to be big on the import racing scene and I belive they used civics because.. A- they are cheap so if u trash one going under a truck no biggie to replace. And B- they are easy to make fast. Having the widest available range of aftermarket parts for them. also they used the civic model from 92-96 which were a very exandable platform. All in all though, a good flick. :-)

------------------

Are those rocks ahead?

If they are we'll be dead!

Stop that rhyming now I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

Originally posted by touch_and_glow:

Humm....I dont think they were discriminating against asians by using honda civics. I happen to be big on the import racing scene and I belive they used civics because.. A- they are cheap so if u trash one going under a truck no biggie to replace. And B- they are easy to make fast. Having the widest available range of aftermarket parts for them. also they used the civic model from 92-96 which were a very exandable platform. All in all though, a good flick. :-)

well i'm sure all that's tru but i gotta agree more with mareluna. a lot of asians DO drive honda civics, hell practically all the asians i kno do but it doesn't mean it's a bad thing. the point of the movie was to try and get the audience to guess who the hijackers were and makin it look like the asians did it makes the movie more exciting. but u're right also; the last two imports i was at was ALL honda civics, my boyfriend was the only nissan there. all in all, tight movie.

------------------

sig2.jpg