Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E. Baez @ Space this sat...Victor next SaT???!!!

about time they start actually bringin in the talent they had talked about, though it still doesn't seem on the level they had promoted about..

would love to check out victor.. baez just doesn't deserve to be called super dj or whatever titles they use these days imo

Yo... Don't even try to dis on Eddie. He is the primary reason I became a "clubber". Years ago, when I was just a beginner on the club scene, he made the music come alive for me. He just released his second CD, and has a huge GLOBAL following. I remember one night at Limelight, I had to sheild him from a group of girls that flew all the way from Japan because they were fans. Eddie may not be in the same league as Paul Van Dyke and Junior Vasquez, but thanks to him, he brought the New York club scene alive!! And I'll always owe him for that.

Evan

Originally posted by Evan

Yo... Don't even try to dis on Eddie. He is the primary reason I became a "clubber". Years ago, when I was just a beginner on the club scene, he made the music come alive for me. He just released his second CD, and has a huge GLOBAL following. I remember one night at Limelight, I had to sheild him from a group of girls that flew all the way from Japan because they were fans. Eddie may not be in the same league as Paul Van Dyke and Junior Vasquez, but thanks to him, he brought the New York club scene alive!! And I'll always owe him for that.

Evan

easy killer... global following? he's barely known in this country let alone the world.. that japan thing is somethign all nyc dj's have.. they sweat jp too, and boris...

he's been killing classics w/ some of his remixes lately.. riders on the storm.. ugh

can't mix for shit.. but hey, this is all just IMO...

let me ask you this. When you were a newbie...and just starteing clubbing, before you heard of Sasha and Digweed, Victor Calderone, etc., you were just a kid going to Tunnel, hanging out with friends, dropping a pill, doing a bump.... Who were you listening too. Who was making your roll better. Who was bringing the bridge and Tunnel people out. Who was everybody talking about. Who was on the radio all the time. Eddie my friend, Eddie.

Evan

let me ask you this. When you were a newbie...and just starteing clubbing, before you heard of Sasha and Digweed, Victor Calderone, etc., you were just a kid going to Tunnel, hanging out with friends, dropping a pill, doing a bump.... Who were you listening too. Who was making your roll better. Who was bringing the bridge and Tunnel people out. Who was everybody talking about. Who was on the radio all the time. Eddie my friend, Eddie.

Evan

might wanna watch you say.. especially when presuming to know information about someone's past, who you've never met...

i don't like eddie, nor have i ever thank you very much...

and to answer your question... danny tenaglia..

Sorry... didn't mean to presume. It's just that most of the people that i club with or meet, have had the same sort of past that i have. We are always having the conversations "remember those Tunnel days..." Hey.. Like u said..that's just your opinion... Wasn't try to change your mind o anything..Just expressing my opinion too.

Oh...And Tenaglia is phat too. I'm at Vinyl most Friday nights/Saturday mornings

Evan.

Sorry... didn't mean to presume. It's just that most of the people that i club with or meet, have had the same sort of past that i have. We are always having the conversations "remember those Tunnel days..." Hey.. Like u said..that's just your opinion... Wasn't try to change your mind o anything..Just expressing my opinion too.

Oh...And Tenaglia is phat too. I'm at Vinyl most Friday nights/Saturday mornings

Evan.

yea i hear that.. i have friends who also have those same roots.. the evolution fridays back at tunnel.. never really got into it myself..

normally i'm not one to come right out and be that harsh on a dj.. but last time i heard eddie i left w/in an hour of him being on b/c i really couldn't take it.. thats not to take away what the guy has accomplished, b/c hey, obviously he's done a thing or two right to be where he is, but i guess part of my harsh critique comes from that sour taste left in my mouth after his last few performances that i caught...

hear about DT @ factory on thanksgiving?