Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold And Krishna - Buzz

noira

Oakenfold at Buzz August 17 - y-a-w-n BUT - up and coming local dj Krishna will be bringing his tech-hard house style to the main room of buzz for what is sure to be a unique closing set - come out and support!!!!

To catch krishna BEFORE and without Oakenfold - catch his wendesday night sets in DC: (tell him bonnie sent you ;) )

Wednesdays @ The Blueroom

Deep-Itch

A night of deep-tech, house & Abstract

10pm - 2am

no cover

21+

dress code: casual but nice

Residents

Newton - Blueroom

Krishna - Blueroom, Metatrack Studios, 5' Taint, Circle 7

August Info as follows:

Buzz | #1 Club in America | Urb Magazine

Capitol Intensive Clubbing | A Buzzlife Production

Friday Nights at Nation | 18 & over | Valid Gov't-Issued Photo I.D. Necessary Trance | House | Drum 'n' Bass | Techno | Breaks | 2-Step Garage

FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2001: OAKEY! OAKEY! OAKEY!

Special Admission: $25 in advance

DOORS OPEN AT 8 P.M. ON 08.17.01 ONLY -- ARRIVE EARLY AND AVOID THE LINES!

<Perfecto featuring>

PAUL OAKENFOLD || www.perfecto-fc.com, UK ||

<also on this night>

NICKY BLACKMARKET || Blackmarket Records, UK ||

MC FOXEY || Blackmarket Records, UK ||

KRISHNA || 5? Taint | Circle 7 | Metatrack Studios, DC || MORPHEUS || The Syndicate | Pandemonium | Sonic State, DC || DJ HOPE || 4twenty4 | Clear, DC || MRN || NUCO | Act Your Age, DC || MC MECHA || Sinthetix, DC ||

Advance tickets go on sale, Thursday, July 19, 2001.

You must be 18 years of age or older w/ a valid, government-issued, photo I.D. Please do not purchase a ticket if you do not meet the age requirements.

To purchase advance tickets please call:

202.432.SEAT or 800.551.7328 (Ticketmaster)

202.338.5638 (Yoshitoshi shop in Georgetown)

To purchase advance tickets online: www.ticketmaster.com

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I thought Oakey was the god of Cheese?

:gas:

ahh...that's right...hmmm, maybe if i go see him at buzz, he can spin the exact same set he's done for the past year...yeah, that would be a lot of fun, no seriously...:yuck:

Check it out - off the Global Underground message board:

http://pub38.ezboard.com/fglobalundergroundglobalunderground.showMessage?topicID=21262.topic

Oakey's doing GU22 - Miami.

So, let's see - 19 - Digweed, 20 - Emerson, 21 - Deep Dish, and 22 - Oakey.

You know, I'll go see Oakey live for the whole spectacle of it, but a Global Underground CD with the cheese he's got in his record box? WTF?

:knife: Now I see why this smiley is necessary...

Originally posted by vicman

thats it no more global underground for me. deep dish stinks and oakie can either be great or be cheese!

I guess I'll have to listen to his first, and then see if I get it.:mad:

what?!??!? deep dish stinks?...haven't you listened to the eastcoast disc yet? i can't take it out of my cd player...i admit that's i a little more vocal than i like, but still...damn good cd... :D

second, oakenfold was the man back in the day...he had some really tight essential mixes that i still listen to..but now, he's grotesque... :D

Hey now. . .I'm not a big fan of Oakenfold's either, but I think he should still get props for helping start/popularize this whole "scene". Peeps like him and Danny Rampling have been there from the start and kinda made Ibiza what it is today. 10 to 20 years after his death, you people will be saying differently. . . .

(I'm not trying to cause any drama/debate, that's just my contribution to all this Oakey bashing)

Originally posted by scratchapella

Hey now. . .I'm not a big fan of Oakenfold's either, but I think he should still get props for helping start/popularize this whole "scene". Peeps like him and Danny Rampling have been there from the start and kinda made Ibiza what it is today. 10 to 20 years after his death, you people will be saying differently. . . .

(I'm not trying to cause any drama/debate, that's just my contribution to all this Oakey bashing)

i'm not saying that oakey wasn't a bad azz back in the day...he definitely had a major contribution to the scene. but i think he's doing the scene a disservice now with the brand of crap he's spinning... :D

Im not out to bash here, I mean Deep Dish DJ better than me (I couldnt do it even if my life depended on it) but I checked them out when they were in Nation and left very dissapointed. The CD's I've heard of 'em (including the new one) did not leave me impressed either.

:confused:

Actually, he wasn't too bad last night. He was at the Area One tour in Chicago. Yeah, of course he had to spend like 20 min of lasers, smoke and annoying intro and shit, but later on, his set kinda reminded me of PVD live. Really uptempo, energetic, progressive beats and synth riffs to go w/ the occasional cheesy anthem.

Hey, if anyone goes to Buzz on the 17th, tell us all if it sounded exactly like his Perfecto CD. I think he's playing the same set for every city he tours in!:puke:

I checked him out at Area One a couple of weeks ago at Merryweather and he was pretty good. He played some stuff from his Perfecto CD and I actually had a better time than the time he was at Nation bac in March...or Feb.

But we all know what the deal is with him. He will be pure velveeta one time and then be phenomenal the next.

fuck oakenfold - he's done some good things but he likes being a superstar too much to appreciate what being a Dj is -

KRISHNA - local DC talent - he's who you need to come see!!!!

he plays wednesday's at blue in adam's morgan if you want a hint - THIS is where the scene is headed - deep, dark grooving techno - ala digweed 4 am at twilo - mind-bending, sexy beats driven by an unforgiveable bassline -

i'm actually flying from miami for his set - i promised him some time ago when he got his main room gig at nation i'd be there...

as for GU and oakenfold - we'll see - the boxed boys aren't necessarily jumpin' all over oakies these days - not many in the UK scene are - which is why we are stuck with him here in the states...

i've heard other rumblings for miami's GU - more reliable sources.

as for Deep Dish - I wish they'd rediscover their Yoshiesque roots - i love their sexy house style and am tired of them playing to the played out prog scene...