Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Places to go on Sat. night for under 21

ryno

Hey everybody. I got a brother coming up to visit me this weekend. I'd like to take him out into DC, but he's only 20. Anybody know of some 18 and up places to go to that don't suck? example of suck: no crowd, lots of sketchy people lookin to fight, etc. Thanks to anyone who replys.

Peace,

Ryno

:grin:

millele, shadygroovedc: Thanks for the replys. Those places sound pretty good to me.

However, I think my bro is into hip-hop music. Also likes going to bars too.

Anybody know of some 18&up hip-hop clubs and/or bars?

Thnx for any reply.

oh, that's much more difficult. i know that 5 has college night on thursday's and i think platinum does as well, but i'm not sure at all. plus those places aren't hiphop, but maybe places like DC Live have college night thursdays too? not sure. get a City Paper and look around - it might tell ya.

sorry! :)

the kaffa house on U street. depending on what night, though, it ranges from downtempo ambient, acid jazz, triphop and underground hip hop nights. sometimes the black cat gets good hip hop acts once in a while, it's more a bar setting too.

good luck, its gonna be hard to find an 18+ place that's friendly to non-blacks and not full of cheesy "ass and titties" type of music.

millele, scratchapella: Thanks for writing back. I wasn't tryin to be a picky little beyatch, but just tryin to make sure my bro has a good time. I suppose we will head to Edge on Sat. night and take a chance. If he doesn't like clubs, it's his loss I guess.

BTW, I know bars are 21+. I guess what I meant to say was that my bro might prefer a bar atmosphere (laid-back, main action = talking) as opposed to a club atmosphere (dressed up, main action = dancing). Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks everyone,

Ryno

smile.gif