Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Billboard Dance Music Summit PARTIES *still recovering*

Ok so as some of you know this past weekin NYC was the Billboard Dance Music Summit in NYC @ the Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

What DMS is, is when all the Dance Music Industry heads get together for 3 days and discuss the scene, the music, the people everything. Your badge entitles you to 3 days of entrance to all panels and parties free of charge and gifts all over town.

3 days of Panels and Parties (basically an all industry mini WMC)

Panels included ROGER SANCHEZ, CHRIS COX, DJ RAP, The Angel, Tom Silverman (pres & founder Tommy Boy Records), LOUIE DEVITO, Mixer Magazine, Jim Tremayne (DJ Times), Ultra Nate, Sarina Paris, Gloria Gaynor, Steve Lau, etc ...........

Now for the Parties

Night 1)

SHINE

DJ's The Angel & King Britt

with performances by Ultra Nate & Gloria Gaynor.

I never knew you could fit a full 8 piece band on SHINES Stage. Gloria and Ultra Defintely werrrrrrqqqqqqqqed it. It's always great to watch industry party people dance in the crowd. We have the 2 extremes either you can dance extremely well, or end up looking like CORKY on THE GRIND.

After Party @ FRYING PAN hosted by Strictly Rhythym

BEAUTIFUL VIEW, Jackie Christie Turned it out but we were all confused to hell because the Yacht docked on the same pier have CD 101.9 party and we all ended up running around each others boats. We were like is Jackie Spinning Jazz???? OOOOPPS wrong boat.

Night 2)

PIER 61 SUNSET TERRACE @ Chelsea Piers

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was soooo much fun started Early @ 7:30 but since most people after the panels just ate and headed over the terrace was jumping.

MUSIC WAS CRAZZZZZZZZZZY

STEVE TRAVOLTA & DANNY KRIVIT were brillant and kept the funky vibe going strong all night!!

VIOLA (a new Nervous Records artist performed) and she werqed. Beautiful Voice Miss Girl was defintely on point.

After Party @ CENTRO-FLY

DANCE RITUAL w/ Lil Louie Vega in the Pinky Room

I am still exhausted from dancing. If you have never experienced Lil Louie Vega @ Vinyl you have to go to Centro-fly. And his time you can listen and Drink at the same time whooo hoooo.

Night 3) CLOSING PARTIES

Torn Between the VIRGIN records party and Centro-fly we opted for Centro well because it's all about ROGER baby.

Though running a 102 fever and being a lil run down from all the work I asked Roger for one thing before we left the Waldorf I sad "ANOTHER CHANCE" has not been played in any club here yet PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE play it I know I will feel better if I do.

2 am ishhhhhh @ CENTRO FLY I am sitting with Rob Fernandez, Rachel, Melvin Moore and THEM (Them is a group if you were @ centro fly you couldn't miss THEM) ROGER DROPSSS ANOTHER CHANCE. You never saw someone get from the Champagne Lounge to the Booth that fast.

DJ's I told you about this track about a month ago bit is available PLEASE get it and werq your crowds.

DOWNSTAIRS in Pinky Craig David with Band was hanging out listening to a lil TWO STEP GARAGE provided by MJ COLE. nice surprise was the downstairs performance by SABRINA JOHNSTON, That woman is killer.

OK Need some more NYQUIL and a Nap before heading to the HAMPTONS. BTW ROGER SANCHES @ ROCCO's A LA PLAYA in Sag Harbour tonight with Circus Extreme's FLAMBEAUX & Lyla. PM or email me if you are 21 and are gonna be out there.

CIAO BACI

L